Samsung Galaxy Note 3 reception “disappointing” in Korea

With close to 40 million sales of the Galaxy Note devices since the first one was launched back in 2011, it’s no secret that Samsung’s phablet has been a roaring success. Nothing could stop the Galaxy Note 3 from being another hit, but could it be that Samsung’s latest and most powerful phablet won’t be able to muster the same amount of sales as its predecessors? Well, according to ETNews, that might be the case, at least in South Korea, where operators have reported that interest in the Note 3 has been rather disappointing ever since the device was made available for pre-order.

Of course, that isn’t to say Samsung won’t sell a few million of these within the first couple of months, but it could be a signs of the high-end smartphone market saturating enough to not make people as excited for an upgrade as previous years. The price of the Galaxy Note 3 won’t help either – it’s one of the priciest smartphones ever launched, and that will likely result in many refraining from buying one, at least until the price settles down to a more sensible level.

What do you guys think? Is the Galaxy Note 3 a device you’re super excited about, or do you think it’s not going to do as well as previous Samsung flagships? Sound off in the comments.

ViaSource

Phones 21

raaman14
1 year 10 months ago

Galaxy Note 3 with Galaxy Gear Combo really makes attractive. Note 3 is launched in Malaysia yesterday and 1 of the network provider gives free Galaxy Gear for 1st 800 customers who under their special club members plan. I got 1 for myself already the Note is excellent, its much sizzling compare to S3 and i quite amazed with S-Pen capability.

thunderboat
1 year 10 months ago

this is too easy to answer. with local Korea market, Samsung used to play favorite and release a Korean version of flagship phone which has slightly better hardware, e.g. Galaxy S4 with octa core, lte, tv tuner and two batteries. For Note 3, there is no octa core lte version anymore, why should the Korea support it when LG and Pantech also has snapdragon 800 cup to offer?

Besides, there is quite a disappointment in the note 3 that Samsung stopped developing a RGB version of amoled for note simply because Samsung said it’s good enough to have a penile mailed screen in full hd. If we customers are so content with good enough, why would Samsung release 1280×720 screen to beat Apple retina screen in the s3?

Samsung has just transformed into another Apple whose does not put their customer first.

avenging
1 year 10 months ago

way to go biased writer not to mention that in korea the subsidies for smartphones was affected. also why did you not note that 30 million note 2s were sold???

vslsnks
1 year 10 months ago

Seriously 800 euros is a months salary here in Greece. WAY TOO EXPENSIVE. And they haven’t even lowered the price of the Note2. Still 740. Outrageous.

gitabad
1 year 10 months ago

OR MAYBE IS TIME TO CHANGE TO APPLE:?

vslsnks

Back to 4 inches… my eyes hurt just thinking of it. lol

kirangopinath
1 year 10 months ago

LOL!! Exactly! Sold my Note 2 in-order to get Note 3!! Changed my mind, and i’m using my old 3.5″ Iphone 4!! :-/
Will upgrade to Note 3 only after its price get stabilized! :-)

gitabad
1 year 10 months ago

Samsung became a disappointment.

IM JUST SAYING THAT, I BOUGHT THE NOTE AND THE NOTE 2 BUT I WILL NOTE BUY THE NOTE 3.

WHY? ASK YOU.

JUST BECAUSE I WILL NOTE PAY 830 € EURO FOR A SMARTPHONE THAT NOT HAVE RADIO FM-RDS, WHAT A FAIL SAMSUNG (the Internet is expensive on country), SÓ THIS TIME IM THINKING GET THE LG G PRO OR THE HTC ONE MAX… waiting for HTC surprise.

shashi
1 year 10 months ago

Market is almost saturated needs something revolutionary same as when first iphone launched.it should be like techonolgy should jump from nokia n95 to iphone.thts missing from samsung or any manfacturer.

blowntoaster
1 year 10 months ago

Its definitely the price thats just too high. I want to get a Note device, but the Note 3 prices are just ridiculous.
I am considering getting a Note 2 instead or hoefullythe 3′s prices will calm down by December.

mnagarajanreddy
1 year 10 months ago

Price is too high in India and we are waiting for price reduce. Price is a main factor and we disappointed in price. Lets wait few day for samsung response

kirangopinath
1 year 10 months ago

Well said bro! Samsung tend to reduce the price by ~10,000 INR by 6th month of the release and brings in the next flagship after 9 months! As a result the resale value gets pathetic (Especially for the one who buys it at the time of launch)! I bought SGS3 16gb by the first month after launch for 38,900 Rs. and sold it for 23,000 Rs after 6 months of usage. Bought a SGN2 16 Gb for 38,900 Rs and sold that recently for 22,000 Rs(Now the market value of new one is 26900 under any base model smartphone exchange)!!

Hence i skipped SGS4 and will be buying SGN3 after 3-4 months from now! (Yeah you guessed it right!! My wallet is light now! :P)

bhagatcor
1 year 10 months ago

Since Samsung screwed my Note1 with updates that do not work the way they should (or did with 2.6), I do not trust them anymore with a new buy. Might buy a Nexus or a Windows phone next.

firaswajeeh
1 year 10 months ago

I think the problem with this is that Samsung doesn’t offer enough time between its flagship devices releases, some people are still thinking about getting the S3 or Note2, so people are dumped with new devices every 9 or less months, I’m still enjoying my S3 and not thinking about upgrading soon!

n900mixalot
1 year 10 months ago

You’re right. It is way too soon for anyone to care and a lot of people wanted the Note II because of its size, not for the S-Pen.

The tide is about to change.

virtualsk
1 year 10 months ago

I think, Samsung thinks that its a brand now and can sell device with whatever price it wants… I don’t see NOTE 3 is justified with price it has been given. You can get premium quality phone with that price … moreover, there are lot of features which are useful to 5-10% of users. I would say, 2013 is not a year for Samsung for sure….Good Luck for 2014.

My1
1 year 10 months ago

“it’s one of the priciest smartphones ever launched”
I disagree.
iPhones are even more expensive and the Note 2 also started at 699 Euro (not to mention that that was the 16GB variant, but N3 has 699 for 32GB)…
also prices will drop, definitely…

crackinthewall
1 year 10 months ago

They’re not even similar. With iOS, the iPhone is your only choice but with Android, the Note 3 is just one of the few S800/Tegra 4 phones you can buy. It is expensive relative to every other Android smartphone out there.

They’re selling the Note 3 here for $850 while similarly specced phones like the G2 sells for $600, the Z1 is $700-750 and the Z Ultra for around the same price. Is the SPen, removable battery and expandable storage really worth the premium? Not really. The price increase from the Note II’s introductory price isn’t really worth it IMO as those features are merely evolution of the Note II’s featureset.

akmes
1 year 10 months ago

“Is the SPen, removable battery and expandable storage really worth the premium?”
Not really. But I am ready to pay $100 for them

marchulya
1 year 10 months ago

yes, the price can be a decisive factor, & it’s too high, at least in russia. the note2 sales figures prove that the device worth its money. we’ll see whether samsung lower the price for n3.

ryarrell
1 year 10 months ago

Note 3 will sell very well in the States.