Posted by DannyD 1 year ago

Eldar Murtazin: Galaxy S IV is built from plastic

ready4-nyc (1)

Russian analyst Eldar Murtazin reported that the Galaxy S IV is built from plastic. Murtazin claims that he has already seen the Galaxy S IV and it will feature a similar plastic build like its predecessor… Earlier, SamMobile reported about the build quality of Samsung’s new Galaxy S. Murtazin ended his blog post telling us that plenty of Samsung’s partners/carriers have already seen the Galaxy S IV behind close doors at the Mobile World Congress 2013 in Barcelona.

But is this information really special?
Not for us, it is normal to show your partners a few new upcoming products before the actual launch.

We can’t wait to see the Galaxy S IV unveiled in New York city coming March 14th.
The Galaxy S IV is rumoured to feature an Exynos 5 Octa (8-Core) CPU, PowerVR SGX 544MP GPU, 4.99″ SuperAMOLED Full HD Resolution Display, 2GB of RAM, 13 Megapixel Rear facing Camera capable of shooting 1080p Full HD Videos at 30FPS, 2 Megapixel front facing camera capable of shooting 720p HD Videos and run Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean out of the box.

via source

5 comments on “Eldar Murtazin: Galaxy S IV is built from plastic

1. humed 1 year ago said:

Expected, Samsung got a strong crush on plastic. Only hope it got something similar to the SGSII to at least reduce the swarm of “plastic toy” trolls.

PS. “2 Megapixel front facing camera capable of shooting 720p HD Videos”. It’s highly unlikely that Samsung won’t join the wagon of the 1080p front facing cameras. The latest AnTuTu leak shows 2.1 Megapixel camera which hints at 1080p (1080p = 2.0736 in Megapixels).

2. eSche 1 year ago said:

Why should they switch to other materials? My SGSII is still going strong even though I dropped it plenty of times. I don’t want glass or metal around my device. It makes it vulnerable… Every iPhone user I know has a crack in the back or front. And all my old HTC’s had thousands of scratches in the body.
    Just don’t make it glossy (like the SGSIII) instead go for a SGSII look and everyone will be happy. Plastic is so much stronger than the rest and easily replaced.

Anyway. Can’t wait for the 14th. I hope they don’t fuck it up

3. Gaspernemec 1 year ago said:

first things first: i dont know why all sudden such a resistance to plastic, its cheap, strong (if needed), flexible….it was made for doing things that need some strength, need to be light and need to have decent lifetime, i dont why such a rush for “premium materials” while plastic is totally premium (if done right-must admit, plastic on S3 gave premium feel, but deffinatly not premium look). Glass is wonderful material, but has one weakness, it cracks, why would someone want to have glass phone-oh yeah its premium! However it is premium untill it falls down, but than you have some “premium” cracks which require “premium” amount of money to fix, meanwhile plastic is replaced cheap, if you manage to crack it, and plastic enables phone makers to include removable battery, which isnt bad thing at all. While talking about premium materials cheramic, (yeah, so heavilly rumored cheramic for S3) acts preety much like glass. I think best material (next to plastic) would be alluminium it can be designed in a lot of ways, allthough its more expensive than plastic, where it gets annoying is back cover for battery, if it deformates, it will never get back to original shape, plus there were some devices (i think it was one of transformer tablets, or ipads maybe) where aluminium actually disturbed wifi antenna which was unable to operate well, because of design flaw, which isnt so highly unlikely at samsung (after they “forgot” to fut 2 gigs of ram in S3 and than release it 2 months later xD)…so that was about materials. I think best material is plastic, if done WELL, it can give premium feeling, its cheap light, allthough aluminium is not far behind….now about Eldar Murtazin. What did he tweet last year about S3? It was about cheramics. Oh yes. He tweeted that S3 will sell well because samsung finally decided for better material-cheramic. It had marble white color, but deffinatly not material. He also said he already seen S3, but i havent got that feeling, now same for S4 but now he said they are using plastic, after doing some maths (xD) i found out that there is still great chance for premium materials to be used….in the end, I will just enjoy life and wait till 14 of march and than see what samsung got for us this year, hype isnt worth of my life, isnt worth sitting in front of computer and hitting refresh key…and in the end i will be sattisfied even if its made from glas xD

4. SilentNoise1780 1 year ago said:

A plastic build doesn’t bother me in the least. Let’s put it this way – I’m still rocking a Galaxy S Vibrant. It’s unlocked, been around the world – sitting on a car’s dash through 50*C deserts in the Middle East to -50*C winters in Canada (not exaggerating in either case), dropped on concrete from roughly 6ft up (before buying my $25 silicon case) and BTW, it still has no screen protection since buying the phone just days after it’s launch. It’s still ticking strong with the exception of a couple of recent hiccups this winter, and I simply chalk that up to age and apps running passed it’s original capabilities – OH, and it’s also never been sent in for repairs. I’ve waited over the winter for the GS4 as my next upgrade, and plastic is just fine with me.

5. vbx 1 year ago said:

My xperia Go has a rubberized plastic backing plate. I have zero issues with it. It’s perfect for me as I don’t to cover it up with an ugly phone cover / case.

What’s the point of buying a thin phone just to put some ugly phone cover over it? Makes ZERO sense.

Yes, it would be PIMP to have an all metal built like the Galaxy Tab 7.7. However, I am forced to use a bookcover case to protect it from dings and scratches.

I will not buy the S4 howver, as a 5″ screen is way to big to carry around in my pocket. If I’m going to lug around something that big, might as well carry my Galaxy Tab 7.7.

The huge screen shouldn’t be a problem if you carry a purse… lmao