EXCLUSIVE: First Korean Samsung Galaxy S III (SHV-E210K) Jelly Bean TEST OTA leak
We of SamMobile just got out hands on Samsung’s Android 4.1.1 Jelly Bean TEST OTA update for the Korean Samsung Galaxy S III (SHV-E210K) for Korea.
This OTA update is not yet available to anyone but we of SamMobile found a way to get the update before…
This is the very first Android 4.1.1 Jelly Bean TEST OTA Update for the Korean Samsung Galaxy S III (SHV-E210K). We wanted to give Samsung’s Die-Hard fans a taste of Jelly Bean before it’s officially released. This update will also help 3rd party Android Developers, like CyanogenMod Team, to improve their Android 4.1.1 Jelly Bean custom ROMs for the Korean Samsung Galaxy S III (SHV-E210K).
OTA Firmware Details:
Android Version: 4.1.1 – JRO03C
Country: Korea (KT)
Build Date: September 18, 2012
OTA updates’ require a specific base firmware on which they can be flashed upon and are flashed through the stock Samsung Recovery.
This E210KKKJLI3 Android 4.1.1 Jelly Bean OTA update requires the user to be on E210KKKALH6 firmware.
Don’t worry we will guide you through all the steps on how you can apply this OTA update on your Korean Samsung Galaxy S III (SHV-E210K). Make sure you perform a backup of your data before attempting to install this!
Instructions for flashing the OTA Update:
- - Make a backup of your data
- - Download the Base firmware required by the OTA Update, E210KKKALH6 - Get it from HERE
- - Unzip the file
- - Open Odin 3.04 (Download it from HERE)
- - Restart the device into download mode (Press Power Button + Volume down)
- - Connect phone and wait until you get a yellow/blue sign in Odin
- - Add KIES_HOME_E210K
KKALH6_E210KKTT ALH3_944665_REV 00_user_low_shi p.tar.md5 to PDA
- - Make sure re-partition is NOT ticked
- - Start flash, sit back and wait a few minutes
- - Download the E210KKKJLI3 OTA Update (Download it from HERE)
- - Copy the OTA update to your External SD Card
- - Restart the device into Recovery Mode (Press Power Button + Volume up + Volume Down)
- - Select Apply update from External Storage
- - Browse to the OTA update and flash it
- - When OTA update is flashed perform “Wipe Data/Factory Restore” (Will format your internal SD Card)
- - Reboot your device and Voila!