Posted by Abhijeet M. 4 months ago

gear-2-fit-feature

A few hours before the Galaxy S5, Gear 2 and Gear Fit’s global launch is scheduled to commence, Samsung has started pushing out an update to the Gear Manager app and has released the Gear Fit Manager app as well. The Gear Manager update bumps the app’s version number to 2.0.14040401 and brings over the new flat interface that is seen on the Gear Manager app on the Galaxy S5, and should also add support for connecting the Gear 2 and Gear 2 Neo to existing devices like the Galaxy S4 and Galaxy Note 3. Meanwhile, the Gear Fit Manager app will enable pairing of the Gear Fit Manager with the 20 or so supported Samsung phones, right on time as the beautiful fitness tracker makes its way into the hands of consumers.

Both apps can be updated/downloaded from the Samsung Apps app on your device.

gear-fit-manager

gear-manager

gear-manager-samsung-apps

Thanks, Henk!

6 comments on “New Gear Manager and Gear Fit Manager apps rolling out ahead of Gear 2 and Gear Fit launch

1. taufikidris 4 months ago said:

can the gear 2 be connected to samsung note 2?

2. andcas 4 months ago said:

After the Gear Manager update and after an automatic firmware update of my Galaxy Gear, my watch is connected to the phone but doesn’t receive the notification!!! Anyone have the same issue?

3. Duilin94 4 months ago said:

After update of Gear Manager i’m unable to connect my Gear to my phone (incompatible phoen). Anyone has the same issue?

• sageorge1 4 months ago said:

Yes…. After the update my gear manager on Samsung’s MEGA will not sync (waiting on kitkat cause I’m running 4.2 still)

4. jamesfestini 4 months ago said:

I am trying to get gear to run from my note 12…The app does not show? How do I get it.