Posted by Harish J 9 months ago

Galaxy S5 pricing details revealed, UK pre-orders now live

Glam_Galaxy-S5_White_02

If you’re living in the UK and are intrigued by Samsung’s latest handset, we’ve got some good news for you. UK-based retailer Clove has listed the Galaxy S5 on pre-order for £499.99 (£599.99 after taxes), which comes out to around $1000. The price is for the 16 GB version of the Galaxy S5, with no mention of how much the 32 GB variant would retail for. Amazon Spain has also listed the 16 GB version of the Galaxy S5 for €730, which comes out to £600. The pricing is contradictory to rumors that indicated that Samsung was looking to offer the Galaxy S5 for lesser than what the Galaxy S4 cost when it launched last year. The Galaxy S4 debuted for around $650 to $700 across the globe, so it is theorized that this is the price point that Samsung is targeting with the Galaxy S5.

The South Korean manufacturer is said to be launching a higher-end model of the Galaxy S5 in May that features an all-metallic chassis and better hardware. This metal-clad device is said to launch a new line of premium handsets in the Galaxy F line. However, there is no concrete evidence that Samsung is working on such a handset. What we do know is that the Galaxy S5 will launch globally on April 11, and that it will be available on all major carriers, whatever its price.

s5-amazon-spain

S5 Clove

Source (1), Source (2)

18 comments on “Galaxy S5 pricing details revealed, UK pre-orders now live

1. MonsterMMORPG 9 months ago said:

they will sell not shit. 2 GB ram screw u samsung

i will purchase sony xperia z2

2. Laryy 9 months ago said:

This phone is a huge mess!
    Samsung = from bad to worse!

3. Gyamzan 9 months ago said:

Very poor phone. 2gb RAM, F…K design …

4. Gyamzan 9 months ago said:

Me and my friends would not buy this phone. We will buy HTC one 2 or Sony xperia Z2

5. gtone339 9 months ago said:

Good upgrade for me! Since I am still a Galaxy SIII user. :)

6. ahriman_str 9 months ago said:

سامسونگ نا امیدم کردی با این گوشیت

7. grv007 9 months ago said:

1000$? For 16gb? That means it will be around 63-65k in india. Note 3 was around 700$(49k in india) for 32gb.It’s better to wait for note 4 !

8. oooooz 9 months ago said:

I’m going to be angry and upset because the phone isn’t exactly how I wanted it, I may also throw in a swear word to show how angry I am. I will comment for no other reason but because I can

9. Targonis 9 months ago said:

Different prices in different regions and in different countries, due to the economy in different places. It is a part of the reason for that region lock.

10. sivabalan 9 months ago said:

plastic build phone 1000$ what the hell that is….

11. akmes 9 months ago said:

Place your bets! Will Samsung sell 1000 or 1500 S5? :)

12. namesis_89 9 months ago said:

I think right now is better to buy an note 3 phone.. It is very fast and has almost the same technical specifications… You can spend less for the same product.. If you look on eBay you can find an note 3 for aprox 500 euro.. Regarding cardio sensors they will never be precise as a professional medical equipment… It is only marketing… The only good thing I would choose an s5 is only for the fingerprint sensor and maybe for a relative better camera… Nothing else.. note 3 forever

• namesis_89 9 months ago said:

It would be better to increase the quality of the phone using high quality material and not plastics instead of looking for a lot of features that are just on a phone but never used, such as air gesture, air view & CO..

13. msb2013 9 months ago said:

That is a stupid price poin. People go have a look at Z2.

14. Nahaz 9 months ago said:

Pricing is too high and getting out of control for a mobile phone

15. qwertyqaz 9 months ago said:

Good-bye Samsung. You don’t get my money. I will upgrade my rooted S1 to something better and it will not be a plastic knoxed phablet sized S5 with the specs of S4. The only great addition is IP67 with accessible battery.

But pay for “phablet sized S4 + IP67″ phone $1000 ? There are better options on the market and you don’t need to pay hundreds for the brand only.

16. cobra21ro 9 months ago said:

What can i say ?..OH MY GOD !!! 1000 $ for a 10% upgraded S4?? Samsung ,are you nuts ?? Just got myself a Zerolemon 3000mAH battery for my GT-I9505 running Cyanogenmod 4.4.2 Kitkat.NO UPGRADE for me this year and this will be my last samsung phone !!

17. hisham gassoum 9 months ago said:

I think the price is too high
    The note3 is better than s 5 and the most important thing the ram samsung
    You the first company jump to the 3 gb of ram
    And now you take a step back in s 5 by 2 gb

You most hurry and help the situation