Open Europe test firmwares available for Galaxy S III (GT-I9300) and Galaxy Note II (GT-N7100)

Last night our insider surprised us with two new firmwares for the Galaxy S III (GT-I9300) and Galaxy Note II (GT-N7100) – I9300XXUGMK6 and N7100XXUEMK9. Galaxy S III’s firmware is actually officially available by Samsung itself but it’s only available via OTA, so users are unable to manually update their device via Samsung KIES or by using Odin. However, Galaxy Note II’s firmware is fresh out of Samsung’s test labs, for now it’s labeled as a test firmware but Samsung might actually make it official if they feel it’s stable enough.

SamMobile’s advice is to wait until Samsung officially releases the firmware and update your device via OTA or via Samsung KIES. However, if you are tired of all the waiting then keep on reading…

CHANGES AND IMPROVEMENTS IN ANDROID 4.3 UPDATE
- GALAXY GEAR Support
- TRIM Support (Makes the device much faster)
- Samsung KNOX [Only in Galaxy Note II]
- Samsung Wallet (Pre-loaded) [Only in Galaxy Note II]
- Better RAM management
- Core UI elements updated to the ones on the Galaxy S4 (Galaxy S4′s theme all over)
- New Samsung Keyboard
- GPU drivers have been updated (Higher GPU benchmark scores)
- New Lockscreen: Multiple Widgets, improved ripple effect than Android 4.1.2, ability to change clock size and set a personal message
- New screen modes (From S4): Adapt Display and Professional Photo
- Daydream
- Driving mode
- Actionable notifications
- Move-to-SD-card feature
- New Camera mode : Sound and Shot
- New Additions in Notification Centre
- Completely revamped Settings UI (Tabbed interface – Exactly like the Galaxy S4)
- Implementation of Voice controls (Let’s you control various parts of the phone using voice commands – Galaxy S4 feature)
- New Samsung Apps: Calculator, Clock, Contacts, Gallery, Music
- Full screen Samsung apps
- New S-Voice (from Galaxy S4)
- Found more? Tell us about them in the comments below!

CAUTION !
- These test firmwares will NOT increase your binary counter NOR void your warranty.
- These test firmwares are PRE-RELEASE builds and not official from Samsung.
- These test firmwares might WIPE your device, so perform a BACKUP before flashing!

s343
Model: GT-I9300
Country: Open Europe
Version: Android 4.3
Changelist: 2168382
Build date: Thu, 28 Nov 2013 21:02:26 +0000
Product Code: OXA
PDA: I9300XXUGMK6
CSC: I9300OXAGMK6
MODEM: I9300XXUGMK6
Download: I9300XXUGMK6_I9300OXAGMK6_OXA.zip

INSTRUCTIONS
- Extract (unzip) the firmware file
- Download Odin3 v3.09 (From here or here)
- Extract Odin .ZIP file
- Open Odin3 v3.09
- Restart phone in download mode (Press and hold Home + Power + Volume down buttons)
- Connect phone and wait until you get a blue sign in Odin
- Add AP_I9300XXUGMK6_2168382_REV00_user_low_ship.tar.md5 to AP
- Add BL_I9300XXUGMK6_2168382_REV00_user_low_ship.tar.md5 to BL
- Add MODEM_I9300XXUGMK6_REV02_REV04_CL1413323.tar.md5 to CP
- Add CSC_OXA_I9300OXAGMK6_2168382_REV00_user_low_ship.tar.md5 to CSC
- Make sure re-partition is NOT ticked
- Click start button, sit back and wait a few minutes.
- If you encounter any issues with the firmware (Any FC, Bootloop etc)
- Boot into recovery mode (Home+power+vol up)
- Choose to wipe/factory reset. (THIS WILL ERASE ALL OF YOUR DATA INCLUDING YOUR INTERNAL SD CARD!)
- Then choose reboot and you should be good to go!

Note2-4.3-leak
Model: GT-N7100
Country: Open Europe
Version: Android 4.3
Changelist: 2138564
Build date: Wed, 20 Nov 2013 19:16:05 +0000
Product Code: OXX
PDA: N7100XXUEMK9
CSC: N7100OXXEMK4
MODEM: N7100XXUEMJ9
Download: N7100XXUEMK9_N7100XXUEMJ9_OXX.zip

INSTRUCTIONS
- Extract (unzip) the firmware file
- Download Odin3 v3.09 (From here or here)
- Extract Odin .ZIP file
- Open Odin3 v3.09
- Connect phone and wait until you get a blue sign in Odin
- Add AP_N7100XXUEMK9_2138564_REV04_user_low_ship.tar.md5 to AP
- Add BL_N7100XXUEMK9_2168382_REV00_user_low_ship.tar.md5 to BL
- Add CP_N7100XXUEMJ9_REV08_CL1423182.tar.md5 to CP
- Add CSC_OXX_N7100OXXEMK4_2174777_REV04_user_low_ship.tar.md5 to CSC
- Make sure re-partition is NOT ticked
- Click start button, sit back and wait a few minutes.
- If you encounter any issues with the firmware (Any FC, Bootloop etc)
- Boot into recovery mode (Home+power+vol up)
- Then choose reboot and you should be good to go!

Screenshots

Firmware news 408

Solimikbal
6 months 19 days ago

N7100 need 4.4.2 kitkat Firmware help me pls

aymen888
1 year 21 days ago

GALAXY S3 GT I9300 AR FR EN TUR 4.3.1

rikardinhuu
1 year 2 months ago

Olá , eu instalei no meu s3 e agora não tenho rede, como resolver? :(

cutastrocks
1 year 3 months ago

dear samee

that’s very bad thing my next phone definitely not be the samsung phone because you are unable to update your handset properly as after updating my s3 GT-I9300 to 4.3 android which you gave after a looong time when all other companies already provided the same on there sets. then after also it’s the garbage update that u give of 4.3 which have lots of trouble like battery drainage, lots of errors of operating system apps and application errors due to same bug update, if you can not updated touchwiz of your’s so why u imposingly sold this garbage to us as we are not the software engineer dear and sudden u stop the update of this set with the excuse i don’t know.

But i would like to inform you that i was purchase this set on July 2013 from Bansal telecom located in rohini sector-8 and you gave excuse it’s 18 month old that’s why u r not updating ?????? today is 22/5/14 it’s only 10 month old as per my calculation dear.. stop breaching the innocent indian customers dear.

So i want to suggest you that first of all you need to stop selling these products in the market before the timeframe you excuses then only these crap is acceptable.

my next phone definately will be either HTC, nexus & iPhone but not samsung they are crooks ….

very bad response is going in indian market about you by your this decision and you will have to pay for this like the nokia..

Guaperas251
1 year 7 months ago

i have a problem with this version i dont have any coverage after root my mobile. Does this shit happen to somebody(?)

SANJEEROCKZ
1 year 7 months ago

hi, I have faced a terrible problem after i tried this 4.3 firmware to my GT-I9300 device. i followed all the steps mentioned in the instructions. installation was fine and all the things working perfectly. no errors occurred. but the BIG & HUGE problem is after i updated my device to 4.3, i cannot take any calls or sms. when i try to take a call it says “NOT REGISTERED IN NETWORK”. I’m totally down. Anyone have an idea about what should i do……?

SANJEEROCKZ
1 year 7 months ago

forgot to tell, the IMEI number is not changed after upgrade to this 4.3 version.

raznuj
1 year 7 months ago

i like to update my galaxy note 2 N7100 here in ksa but there’s no 4.3 jelly bean only 4.1.2…any body have an info to update my mobile to 4.3 jelly bean tnk you….

mody21
1 year 7 months ago

Can I update ny phone from another country firmware

adieputra
1 year 7 months ago

Hi all, i’m from malaysia can i flash my GT-I9300 with this rom. does this 4.3 will fix my bluetooth media streaming problem.. anyone can tell please

adieputra
1 year 7 months ago

i already flash my s3. thank god it work and bluetooth function work great.

Yosuatel
1 year 7 months ago

Art I expected the update 4.3 for S3 and I buy a sony xsperia that come with kitkat. samsung do not want more. Bye samsung

zafarsajal
1 year 7 months ago

Samsung galaxy s3 update 4.3 in india pls pls pls

Yosuatel
1 year 8 months ago

Have forgotten free phone france France – XEF for my samsung GT-I9300, Samsung fooled me three times the version 4.2.2 did not come then promised in October and 4.3 in November after failed and finally looked like it came out in December and not arrived. samsung for me to finish, I want more samsung.

halagore
1 year 8 months ago

So far europe has recieved all 4.3..so os there any different from this test firm?such like lights effect or knox?

gmoney
1 year 8 months ago

No knox and no light effect. If you want to use the swipe with the lockscreen widgets..your phone wont be secure ..because you cant use the pin,pattern,etc with swipe(which has the lockscreen widgets. I tapped numerous times on the “BUILD NUMBER” to turn on developer mode..changed the “window animation scale” and “transition animation scale” to 0.5 like always and its even more smooth and faster than it was with 4.3 as far as opening widgets. you can move certain apps to the sd card in application manager…the most odd thing ever is that my phone said system storage 11.92gb ..now it says 16gb..it was 16gb when i bought it ..i guess. Good upgrade and worth waiting for instead of using odin. waiting for 4.4 spring/summer 2014. with sammy though..more like this time next year. Planning on getting the s5 under contract next xmas when the price goes down..so no worries for me.

Jordan Islas
1 year 8 months ago

por que cojones se tarda tanto para mexico con telcel la actualizacion a 4.3 pregunta puedo instalar la version de prueba de europa sin que pace algo malo? respondan por favor

Jordan Islas

es para el note 2

gmoney
1 year 8 months ago

Im in Finland (NORDIC/NEE) and i got my update “I9300XXUGMK6″ aka 4.3 yesterday morning via KIES. So far its great..no problems at all..battery life is a sliiight bit better. Able to connect wifi with no problems, make calls ,use bluetooth im my girlfriends car. The only thing i do hate..on 4.1.2, i was able to have my swipe effect lockscreen and pin (after swipe of course). Now in order to finally use the lockscreen widgets, you have to use swipe (no pin lock, password, face unlock, pattern involved)..meaning if you lose your device..its just wide open. I dont care about just having the ripple effect and no lens flare effect because ive been using “galaxy locker”APK file i got off of XDA a couple months ago. The problem now is that i love the transparent status bar..and using “side lockscreens” show the “normal status bar”..although most have an option to support transparent status bars. Hopefully Sammy can return to the “swipe” with the security of having a pin, pattern, etc in the next update. And for now..ima run stock touch wiz for a while..no root etc. Previously before this update i was using the G.E.L APK..(basically waiting for 4.3)

Yosuatel
1 year 8 months ago

They’re all European countries, and not in France – XEF for GT-I9300 I’ve been waiting since October and I’m already tired of waiting so long and it looks like it will leave for next year.

virajmandavia
1 year 8 months ago

i installed this firmware,…it still has lots of bugs…
1. it consumes lots of battery when connected to wifi
2. roaming is not shown
3. ram usage is high
4. page buddy is not working properly
5. wifi network problem.
6. keyboard has lots of bugs.
7. problem connecting with wifi
8. heating problem

went back to 4.1.2

tommywe
1 year 8 months ago

I am very surprised of what You write.
My Phone is a little bit better in all meanings. No problems at all.
Moreover – the new OS solved the Bluetooth connection problem I had in my VW Golf.
(Original Bluetooth of VW).

Lendo66
1 year 8 months ago

This is a bad joke,25.12.2013 and still waiting,WAKE UP SAMSUNG,When it will be available in all countris?!
I think in sometime in July 2014….

nielson23
1 year 8 months ago

OLHA PRIMEIRAMENTE VCS DEVERIAM TER COLOCADO O AIR COMMAND ATÉ PORQUE O NOTE 2 É DA LINHA “NOTE” E NAO DA LINHA “S”
NÃO GOSTEI DESTE PONTO EM QUESTAO E GOSTARIA MUITO QUE A SAMSUNG DESSE VALOR AO CLIENTE QUE COMPRA SEUS APARELHOS E VERIFICAR ISSO E CORRIGIR

sahilmirza

What s wrong with download Link ??????????? it says file not found :(

goprochyo1
1 year 8 months ago

galaxy s3 will be still hang/lags until you don’t factory reset.so if you wanna keep your data don’t flash this sh*t firmware.i really disapointed with samsung this time.really oopppsss

bkherallah
1 year 8 months ago

if you want to keep your data, there’s something called a back up. Your google account has all your apps, and if you sync your contacts with google those are all saved as well. Also, factory reset does not delete your external sd card data. If that’s too much, then why not wait until the official comes to your country? No need for factory reset then…

mdmohinpasha

IMEI problem (solved):

Just flashed my phone with this firmware and everything worked smoother and finer but for some reason i planned to downgrade with my stock firmware and that’s it ended up with no signal and changed IMEI, searched and searched on google and nothing made me happy, on some forum they said “just flash ur phone with XXEMG4 firmware it’ll restore your IMEI and everything like factory made”, yes indeed it did. now i’m happy with this step and some said try flashing the phone by using XXDME4 and DDEMG2 (follw the same sequence as I mentioned) after rooting the stock firmware. These two ways helped me out. SO if you had the same problem try the above mentioned two steps.

cbass562
1 year 8 months ago

Well after testing the open europe 4.3 on my s3 I can say that the battery life is almost double on my device. I went from 24 to 30 hours, to 42 to 60 hours before charging it again. nice one and on this update I can turn of the data and it stays of not like the 4.1.2. Great work samsung but I think it took to much time for them to start bring it out. If i ever get a samsung again it will by a google edition.

Siurbutis
1 year 8 months ago

Wifi does not turn off automatically

tepnkt
1 year 8 months ago

why should it turn off automatically ??

Siurbutis
1 year 8 months ago

On standby you can set to disconnect from wifi and not scan. In batt usage on 4.3 wifi newer shuts down.
My phone last only 24 hwrs. After installing 3rd party soft for wifi, after 24hwrs still 60% of battery remains.
So in my prediction wifi scanning and connection always is on on this firmware.

zhumazhenis
1 year 8 months ago

When will be able to Kazakhstan?