Posted by Abhijeet M. 9 months ago

T-Mobile Galaxy Note II (SGH-T889) getting Android 4.3 update

android-4.3-easter-screen-feature

The Android 4.3 update for various Samsung devices is slowly but surely making its way to users in the past few weeks, and now it’s the turn of the T-Mobile variant of the Galaxy Note II to receive the much-awaited new version of Android. The update (build number T889UVUCMK7) is appearing on users’ devices since a few hours, and is available as an over-the-air update as usual. For those that haven’t received it yet, a check in the Settings » About phone » Software updates menu might help, or they can simply download the firmware from our firmware section and update manually.

android-4.3-note-2

The Android 4.3 update brings the following changes and features:

• - GALAXY GEAR Support
  • - TRIM Support (Makes the device much faster)
  • - Samsung KNOX
  • - Samsung Wallet (Pre-loaded)
  • - Better RAM management
  • - Core UI elements updated to the ones on the Galaxy S4 (Galaxy S4′s theme all over)
  • - New Samsung Keyboard
  • - GPU drivers have been updated (Higher GPU benchmark scores)
  • - New Lockscreen: Multiple Widgets, improved ripple effect than Android 4.1.2, ability to change clock size and set a personal message
  • - New screen modes (From S4): Adapt Display and Professional Photo
  • - Daydream
  • - Driving mode
  • - Actionable notifications
  • - Move-to-SD-card feature
  • - New Camera mode : Sound and Shot
  • - New Additions in Notification Centre
  • - Completely revamped Settings UI (Tabbed interface – Exactly like the Galaxy S4)
  • - Implementation of Voice controls (Let’s you control various parts of the phone using voice commands – Galaxy S4 feature)
  • - New Samsung Apps: Calculator, Clock, Contacts, Gallery, Music
  • - Full screen Samsung apps
  • - New S-Voice (from Galaxy S4)

Via

12 comments on “T-Mobile Galaxy Note II (SGH-T889) getting Android 4.3 update

1. fidocampeao 9 months ago said:

meanwhile the international variant still on 4.1.2… samsung screwing us all, fellas…

2. nachshol 9 months ago said:

I can’t get the shortcuts on the lock screen to work anymore! Also, for some reason it says now that my device is modified – I’ve never rooted it or anything. Weird

• zoemanstan 9 months ago said:

Same thing for me…I can’t customize my lock screen with widgets or shortcuts… And it didn’t even add the air command app or the new s note…smh…

3. amrsamy2014 9 months ago said:

any issues in this version ?

4. ErfanDJ 9 months ago said:

hi sammobile
    why samsung dont want to update i9500 and N900 for Iran???
    im waiting long time to update my phone!!
    i have S4 And Note 3
    Come on give us update
    why there isnt any 4.3 for Iran?
    why there isnt any Bug Fix Update For Note 3 N900????
    why you upgraded all other countries but there Isnt Iran???????????????????//
    its about more than 2 month from starting update 4.3 for i9500 ant UAE and Other Arab And Afghan countries got that!!!
    but THERE ISNT IRAN????????????
    WHYYYYYY?????

• nachshol 9 months ago said:

Because Iran is a terrorist country lead by Islam extremists that pretend to be peace loving but try to destroy the U.S. and the Western world. Nobody really wants to do anything with Iranians, at least with the ones that are still in Iran. Good-enough reason?

• Mumbly 9 months ago said:

Apart from the fact that this is not really an adequate place for politics, could you please show a little more respect for foreign cultures? Or would you — assuming that you’re an US citizen — like someone to call the USA a country full of obese, weapon-crazy bigots who seriously believe that they’re living in Gods own country and think they are obliged to bomb every country back to the stone-age which doesn’t want to be “democratized” by the USA?!? Just think about it.

• Bluegixxer 9 months ago said:

Whatever dude stop talking bullshit. This is a tech forum.

5. qdownlud 9 months ago said:

Hi sammobile,
    I’ve had some problems with my note 2 since I updated it to 4.3.
    I can’t download any apps from the play store, I can’t update my apps and all the videos say item is not available. I’ve tried signing out my google account and signing back in and it still didn’t work. This was happening as soon as the update came out and I’m also rooted stock. Has anyone else experienced this?
    Thanks in advance