Posted by MichaelR 12 months ago

Code names of the first 2 Tizen phones got leaked

tizen

As we know Samsung is working on the Tizen platform with Intel. We already saw 2 developers reference devices but both are not the actual devices that consumers can buy once Samsung has released their first Tizen phone in Q2/Q3.

Since last week we already know that Samsung is working on 2 Tizen based phones (the GT-I8800 and GT-I8805) and through some developers documentations at the Tizen Store we know that the code names of these 2 phones are Redwood and Melius. Most likely will be that Redwood (GT-i8805) will be the high end device with 4G LTE connectivity and Melius (GT-i8800) would be a more mid end device with 3G connectivity.

After the Galaxy S4 launch in New York in March Samsung’s VP Lee Young Hee has confirmed that: the device will be the best product equipped with the best specifications

It can be Samsung will introduce with the first Tizen device one or maybe more new technologies like they did with their first bada phone (Samsung Wave GT-i8500), it was the first phone with a Super AMOLED display and a 1 GHz Hummingbird application processor.

Redwood+Melius Tizen RD

Source: Tizen.gr

7 comments on “Code names of the first 2 Tizen phones got leaked

1. miguelinho 12 months ago said:

I would like to purchase one of these for a 2nd fone will be nice to see how tizen progresses

2. moisesfco 12 months ago said:

I’m waiting for a mobile with Tizen time, I’m waiting, though I prefer to be great as I’m used to note.

Best regards,

3. vbx 12 months ago said:

Awesome. Andriod sucks

4. gtone339 12 months ago said:

Finally, new OS to compete with Android!

5. Hamid.d 12 months ago said:

I think Samsung in not going to leave Tizen after a while (like did with Bada) and they are thinking of it as a alternative for Android! If Google is not going to provide the latest Android version to other companies! (Like the rumors about Jelly Bean 4.3.3 on Google I/o and not Key Lime Pie)

there is a good review about Tizen, which is short but sweet!

6. Hamid.d 12 months ago said:

I used the wrong link at the above post
    and I couldnt find any Edit option