Posted by Faryaab S. 1 year ago

android_4-1_jelly_bean_0

Samsung has just started to push Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean update to the AT&T Samsung Galaxy Note SGH-I717. The Galaxy Note is Samsung’s first Phablet device and has a very large user base that’s why Samsung keeps on updating this device with all the new Android versions as they want to provide the Galaxy Note users with their best support experience.

The new jelly bean update breathes a new life into the Galaxy Note, Samsung has completely ditched the old UI and has given the new Nature UX Interface, which is the same as the one being used in the Galaxy S III Mini and the Galaxy S III, in its latest Jelly Bean update. Samsung has brought a tons of features from the Galaxy Note II to the Galaxy Note with the new Jelly Bean software upgrade.

Some of the Enhancements in the new Jelly Bean Update:
- Android 4.1.2 – Build JZO54K
- Buttery Smooth Performance & Great Stability (Thanks to Project Butter)
- Multi-View (Multi Windows Multitasking, same as in Note II)
- Multi-View can also be disabled
- Page Buddy
- Notification Panel can now be customized
- New Additions in Notification Panel
- Smart Rotation (Screen Display adjusts to your angle of sightings)
- Continues Input in Samsung Keyboard (Like Swipe or Android 4.2 Keyboard)
- Samsung’s Cloud services
- Features like Direct Call, Smart Stay and Pop-up Play
- New Widgets From the Galaxy S III
- 2 Home screen modes
- New Notifications bar
- Google Now

Keep an eye on @SamKiesUpdates to get the latest information on Official Firmware updates for your Samsung device.
You can update your Galaxy Note through Samsung KIES or by using OTA.

Hot links:
Check the 10 latest official firmwares for the Galaxy Note here!
You can find our live firmware feed here!

Firmware Details:
Android Version: 4.1.2 – Build JZO54K
PDA:  I717UCMD3
CSC:  I717ATTMD3
MODEM: I717UCMD3
Build date: 6 April 2013
Changelist: 1117019

The new Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean firmware for the AT&T Galaxy Note is present in our Firmware Section as well. You can use our Firmware Section to manually update your device if for some reason you can’t officially update your device via Samsung Kies or via OTA as you are using a Custom ROM.

Screenshots from International Galaxy Note JB Update:

23 comments on “Samsung rolls out Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean update for the AT&T Galaxy Note (SGH-I717)

1. wjm911 1 year ago said:

this is most frustrating. I have the N7000 in the US yet the US version gets JB before me. It has different hardware than all the others Notes…

2. kevonmitchell 1 year ago said:

how do i get the Multi-View

• lugol007 1 year ago said:

I have the same problem? we should do?

• Mohamed Hussein Mohamed 1 year ago said:

long click in the back key to get it and long click to make it disapper

• Topcat488 1 year ago said:

Pull down the “Notification Bar”, slide top icons all the way to the left, and next to the “power saving” and “sync” is the “multi-window” icon, push it to turn on its lamp. Good luck.

• lugol007 1 year ago said:

in the place you mention appears “driving mode”. The active but I can not use multi view

• martindale 1 year ago said:

settings/display/notification panel

make sure that ‘Multi Window’ is made available. You can have up to 9 options in the notification panel, out of a possible 12. Make sure that ‘Multi window’ is one of the 9 selected for inclusion in the notification panel.

• max_a_sam 1 year ago said:

Is there any hack or ported version of Multi Windows available for the Note sgh-i717??

• dina38 1 year ago said:

does anyone have any idea yet on if were suppose to get the multiview/multiwindow or not? I’ve called Samsung, as well as AT&T, surfed the web for days at a time and hours and hours per day and they are just as much air headed as anyone else. Dammit this sucks so freaking bad. They should not advertise that we were suppose to get this feature if was not going to happen, Either way they knew we were not getting it with this update before they falsely advertised it and got a bunch of customers hopes up and for what? Just to be let down, now all they have is a bunch of angry customers due to their false miscommunications.
      I doubt we get this at all. I don’t see any other updates being released to the Samsung Galaxy SGH-I717, due to the fact that they are putting out all these other devices such as; Samsung galaxy s3, and now they just released the s4.They are going to be more focused on those devices, let’s face it, our device is a thing of the past, which is why they didn’t put out that feature in the first place. I mean come on now, they did it for the international device, so what’s the big problem as to why they couldn’t do it for our US device, it wouldn’t of made that much difference. It’s because they have no future intentions to update our device anymore.
      Also, has anyone had problems with other features not showing up either? such as; buddy list, pop up note while on a call, project butter, pop up video, s3 widgets and so forth. Its not just the multiwindow/multiview that makes up this aggravating loss of a feature but other features as well, and its suppose to have project butter UI ran smoothly, i don’t see any of the features they advertised other than if it wasn’t for the phone saying 4.1.2 in the about phone/android version i would of thought nothing was updated or changed. It ain’t nothing but a number.

3. ableey 1 year ago said:

When indonesian galaxy s 2 i9100 4.1.2?

4. rogerzitooo 1 year ago said:

Install the version that came without customization was supposed to at & t but it is not, is full of applications and customization of the operator, please chequen the 2 roms because they are the same, thanks

5. mzedalis 1 year ago said:

There is no multi view. Feature was not included

6. lugol007 1 year ago said:

how to activate the multi view??? update my phone through the samsung kies!!! help me!!

7. jeuw 1 year ago said:

IT’S ABOUT GOT DAMN TIME!

8. jeuw 1 year ago said:

No multi-view muddasuckas!

• neondisco 1 year ago said:

I´ve installed firmware 4.1.2 for my n7000 download from here and now i have multiview enabled. Thanks a lot!

9. AquilaSol 1 year ago said:

And yet the Galaxy Tab 2 10.1 is still 4.0….

10. Desolationism 1 year ago said:

Just got done playing “beat around the bush with a Samsung Rep” however some promising news! Read Below!

Mikayla: Hi, thank you for contacting Samsung Technical Support. How may I help you today?

Visitor: Can you tell me, does the 4.1.2 update for the i717 on AT&T support the multi-view feature?

Mikayla: I understand that you want to know if Jelly bean update on your phone supports multi window feature. Is that correct?

Visitor: yes

Mikayla: Thank you.

Mikayla: Sure. I will provide you with the required information.

Mikayla: Would you mind If I take 3 minutes while I gather the required information on your request?

Visitor: Sure, thats ok with me.
    Mikayla: Thank you.

Mikayla: Thank you for being on hold.

Mikayla: I’ve checked the information and I would like to inform you that multi window feature was not added on your device with the Jelly bean update on your phone.

Mikayla: Please let me know if you have any questions.

Visitor: I assume probably not, but I know the Note 2 recieved this ability after it initially recieved the 4.1.2 update, could this potentially be the case for this as well? Or is samsung even planning on releasing anymore updates for my device?

Mikayla: Please be assured. I will forward this to our next level Samsung authority so that it will be addressed with next firmware update for your phone in near future. I apologize for the inconvenience this has caused to you.

Mikayla: Please let me know if you have any queries.

Visitor: That was kind of an ambiguous answer, do you know if samsung plans on working on a firmware update for my device in the future?

Mikayla: The next update for your phone would be 4.2. So far we have not received information about the time frame for the release of 4.2. update for your phone.

Visitor: No time frame but any intention?

Mikayla: Yes, update is being planned by the developers.

Mikayla: Is there anything else that I can assist you with?

Visitor: Nope that is all I needed thank you.

Mikayla: You are welcome.

Mikayla: It was nice chatting with you.

11. sirlucius27 1 year ago said:

I love how this article plainly stated that multi view is there and actually is not. Bought 4 4G Samsung smartphones with at&t, 3 of which I own and bought outright. Only 2 have been updated to jelly bean, and extremely recently at that. That’s a lot of money to drop based on the fact that i was told that they would be getting updated almost a year ago and just saw that finally come to fruition in May of 2013… much later than i was told by many reps. I understand that a lot goes into said updates, but when my contract is up all before these promised updates, I feel like I’m being BSed all the time. I’m a sales rep that sells a lot of Samsung smartphones-do you really want to piss off the very people who sell your products and make you your very large fortune? I’m tired of being lied to! I love your products most of the time, but come on, Samsung, get your sh*t together! If your article says you have multi view, make sure it’s there!

12. kennalty 1 year ago said:

alguem sabe quando esta room chegará oficialmente no Brasil ??

Anyone know when this room officially arrive in Brazil?

13. khaled079 1 year ago said: