Posted by Danny D. 1 year ago

Galaxy S 4 uses 63 percent of Samsung’s own components

S414

The Galaxy S 4 uses 63 percent of original Samsung components. Samsung announced the Galaxy S 4 last week in New York City. The device features a 4.99” Super AMOLED Full HD display, a 13 megapixel camera, an Octa-Core processor (HSPA version) and many more. Today according to IHS, the Galaxy S 4 costs $244 to manufacture where as the Galaxy S III costs $213 to manufacture. Of course the retail price is 3/4 times higher but the Galaxy S 4 is still expensive to build than the Apple iPhone 5.
gs4-cost

As you may noticed, Samsung uses almost all original Samsung parts. According to IHS Samsung uses 63 percent! There is no other brand which can do the same.
The most expensive parts by Samsung were the display and processor. A good thing to know is Samsung don’t need help of partners to get all parts. Samsung develops by themself the biggest part which cost lower price and time.

So what do you think? Will you buy the Galaxy S 4?

SamMobileS42

via source

• No Related Posts

17 comments on “Galaxy S 4 uses 63 percent of Samsung’s own components

1. Rony Wijaya 1 year ago said:

no if the storage just 16gb,,,,,

2. farksi 1 year ago said:

iPhone5 has 1 GB LPDDR2(S4 ha LPDDR3 2 GB),iphone5 has 8 megapixels camera(S4 has 13 megapixels),iphone 5 has 1800 mAh baterry(S4 has 2600 mAh),iphone has has smaller screen(4.99″ S4). You can’t say that S4 is more expensive to build and iPhone is cheaper to build. think before you post.

3. Basim9955 1 year ago said:

So there is 3 versions of the Galaxy s4 :

- octa core with 3g
    - octa core with 4g
    - snapdragon 600 with 4g

Am I getting it right ?

• pepitona 1 year ago said:

Basim9955: No my friend.

The models are:
      GT-I9500 (HSPA, Exynos 5 Octa 2*Quad Cores)
      GT-I9505 (LTE, Qualcomm Snapdragon 600 Quad Core)

4. ArminVB 1 year ago said:

yeah…100%…I’m planning to buy THE AMAZING GALAXY S4 :)

5. atul4587 1 year ago said:

Hope that it will fit in my budget.I am very eager to have this octa core version.
    I think SAMSUNG is going to release two versions one quad with LTE & octa without LTE at start (Then in future there might be octa LTE version).

6. kiarash16 1 year ago said:

Yes I want to buy
    It’s really smart for these years

7. wilfreb 1 year ago said:

this is the phone that will replace my GS3, my decision is made.

8. vbx 1 year ago said:

Nope. Way to big to fit in the pocket and it will never see Key Lime Pie. Samsung would drop the S4 after 6 month and they will shift their focus on the Galaxy S5. Maybe 2 years later, S4 will get Key Lime Pie. If you’re lucky.