Posted by Danny D. 2 years ago

VIDEO: Galaxy S IV (GT-I9502) Prototype. Floating Touch and Smart Pause

siv

The person who uploaded many images of the Galaxy S IV DUOS prototype created a couple of videos. The videos show of a couple of new features inside the Galaxy S IV like Interface self, Smart Pause and Floating touch.

View the videos below and let us know what you think about it!

source

16 comments on “VIDEO: Galaxy S IV (GT-I9502) Prototype. Floating Touch and Smart Pause

1. mkalter 2 years ago said:

must have S4 xD

2. Adithya84 2 years ago said:

nice features…..just 12 hours to go for official unveiling…..

3. PLANET 2 years ago said:

Smart Pause looks quite nice. He didn’t show that precisely, but looks like it’s a Smart Resume also.

Hovering touch – nice, but surely with S-Pen it would be better (available as accessory?). But I think the quality will improve, and that kind of possibility in user interface is a good step forward.

Internet browsing speed – allright, but the gestures.. don’t work that well ;)

4. Toss3 2 years ago said:

Looks way too laggy to be the official version(I hope).

• demlasjr 2 years ago said:

You got to be kidding. Where is laggy ? Gallery ? IF it’s gallery, that depends on the reading speed of memory or sdcard. If you mean browsing, redraws are normal, not even your pc/laptop can be faster than S3/S4 on browsing :)

• Toss3 2 years ago said:

I disagree. I see no redraws on my SGS3, iPhone 5 or Nexus 4, so yeah it’s got to be preproduction thing. The scrolling is also laggy, as it does not follow the finger exactly(which it does on the SGS3 and iPhone 5).

• 87Revo 2 years ago said:

It is laggy… but remember this is just a prototype. I doubt that the actual CPU and GPU are in that.

• demlasjr 2 years ago said:

Well, can’t track your fingers, true, but it’s not such a big deal. Also, I see now people commenting about the wake up lag (as a new video has been added).

People need to give a good reason to blame Samsung for a 1 second wake up lag (even the laptop takes longer to wake up from Sleep mode) which is an Android issue, I’ve seen it on more devices. Those monsters CPU’s cores need to wake up first.

Also, as 87Revo said, it’s just a prototype, if this is really the S4.

5. Shoomyrovich 2 years ago said:

I hope Samsung will update Galaxy S3 with Floating Touch, Smart Pause and Smart Scroll…acctually, I expect that! :-) I like this video a lot, and would like to have this phone, but, I am really enjoying my S3, still, and don’t have a reason to change it :-)

6. Biala 2 years ago said:

Floating touch is made by additional hardware (second capacitive sensor made to respond on weaker electrical field ) so no floating touch for the S3.
    On the other side Sony introduced the floating touch almost an year ago and it was interesting but useless feature so they abondoned it…

7. mufaddal.ezzi 2 years ago said:

Nice features :)) I am waiting this to arrive on note 2

8. AlphaVictor87 2 years ago said:

Anyone notice that the flare on the unlock screen is basically identical to the flare in the teaser video when the Jeremy kid opens the box in the 2nd video?

coincidence?

I THINK NOT!!!

9. fredphoesh 2 years ago said:

I don’t think ANY of these features are particularly exciting. What Android needs to do once and for all, is to deal with the juddery scroll/ lag issues that are still present on EVERY android device know to man. This is a major pity. Project butter was MEH… a slight improvement.