Samsung Thailand confirms the Galaxy Tab 7.7 Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean update???

Good news! Samsung looks to be updating the Galaxy Tab 7.7 (GT-P6800 / GT-P6810) to Android 4.1 called Jelly Bean! According to Samsung Thailand Samsung will update the Galaxy Tab 7.7 to Android Jelly Bean. Which simply means lots of new features and a much faster tablet. SamMobile asked Samsung Benelux for a confirmation sadly we have no response yet. Let’s hope this is true! Many Galaxy Tab 7.7 users started to blame Samsung about the missing Jelly Bean update for the Galaxy Tab 7.7.

These Thai letters behind the ยืนยันการอัพเดท the tab 7.7 mean Update confirmed.

The Samsung Galaxy Tab 7.7 is Samsung’s first tablet with a 7.7” Super AMOLED display.
Below a screen difference why you should take AMOLED instead of LCD TFT…

ps. Galaxy S II and Galaxy Note owners NO NEED TO ASK ABOUT JB HERE!!!

Thanks SamMobile user:  Mus

source (translated)

Firmware news 35

10 months 19 days ago

1 year 11 months ago

We’re waiting to update our P6800 tab to Android Kit kat (4.4)
Please do it as soon as possible

2 years 1 month ago

Still no update for China :(

2 years 6 months ago

just wanted to confirm today i got the official Samsung upgrade to Jelly bean 4.1.2 – OTA and it is running on my Galaxy 7.7 (gtp 6800) now . I am located in Thailand. So far i can say it seems a bit slow but i will check a while longer and report back

Jandres Gregorius
2 years 8 months ago

lets release that update pliisss…..
i hope samsung confirm that update
my tab 7.7 having wait along time
and when can be release that jellybean???
for malaysia,thailand,singapore,indonesia have same asian firmware

2 years 8 months ago

Good news for the users gt 7.7
Test fw jb 4.1.2 coming to gt 7.7 in the begining of april
Source via sammobile

2 years 8 months ago

post a comment or the link where sammobile say that Test fw jb 4.1.2 coming to gt 7.7 in the begining of april

2 years 9 months ago

I am waiting…

2 years 9 months ago

i want jelly bean to my 7.7 P6800…when the new firmware for galaxy tab 7.7 P6800???

2 years 9 months ago

I hope this is true but i think like Goattee ‘to be confirmed’ :(

I want JB 4.2 for butter project and multi user functionnality !

PLEASE SamSung !!!!

2 years 10 months ago

please i want my samsung galaxy tab P6800 got new firmware jelly bean 4.1.1/4.2.1….when samsung galaxy tab got update firmware… im waiting too long and some time i try use CM10 but not good for P6800…please samsung update and fix it the latest firmware!!!!1

2 years 10 months ago

samsung are very much fully of crap is it shortage of manpower or what why not work on offial updates of its most expensive gadgets that is note 2, s3 and tab 7.7 (p6800) in that order not having less costly gadgets being updated first thats bull, we paid more money lets have our money’s worth samsung to get more customers satisfy what you already have they are your strong market especially those who paid more in that crap 7.7 tab of yours

2 years 10 months ago

This is a very expensive tab, and such hardware and screen will be amazing with the smoothness of jelly bean, i can’t imagine Samsung will let us down, while most of this rom development will be reuse from other software of Galaxy Note and Galaxy S2.

2 years 10 months ago

the only thing i want is buttery smooth UI, no thing more.
most of the sw development will be reuse from other devices like Note I and Galaxy S II

2 years 10 months ago

Much as I am hoping for the best, I am not so sure this is the news we are all waiting for.

I am an expatriate living in Thailand. My partner is Thai and he’s reasonably technical. He owns a Galaxy S3 and an 8.9″ tablet. I showed him that status table from the web page that you are speculating about. I did not show him the Google translation for the Samsung web page. But I asked him what the status for the 7.7 means.

He said that the wording was poorly chosen and could be interpreted many ways. In other words, a fluent Thai reader could not look at that status message and walk away with certainty about Samsung’s plans. It could mean anything from “confirmed” to “to be confirmed.” (The latter possibly meaning that Samsung HQ has not yet determined a decision.)

We can tell you that Thailand users did receive an OTA update for the Galaxy S3 in the past couple of weeks. So the date for that product, stated in the Thai Buddhist calendar system, is correct.

2 years 10 months ago

I hope we will not get as many problem as with the update to ICS, like the broken WiFi. Guess I will wait a few weeks before updating…

samer menla

finally galaxy ace 2

2 years 10 months ago

good news. but what about other country & specially Middle east?

สุดท้ายอัพไม่ได้ปล่อยลอยแพ #

samsung thai fake!
korean not confirm
Last up was not laid off.

TwT i’m use tab 7.7 about 7 mount today i’m sell tab 7.7

2 years 10 months ago

I hope it’s going to be true!

Graciasss si con 4.0.4 va de cine con JB…inmejorableeee
Con ganas de probarla en nuestra supertab…no hay otra igual…

2 years 10 months ago

Why don’t you just .. down your throat

2 years 10 months ago

cuando habra jelly beam para el galaxy s2 ya hemos esperado muchoooooooooooooo, han tardado demasiado para actualizar aparte no dan la fecha ya es una burla hacia los usuarios.
2 years 10 months ago

He-he.. My poor Galaxy SII… :-)

2 years 10 months ago

hopefully the update will hit Europe for the 7.7 soon, maybe around or during MWC? I have nothing against ICS on my 7.7 but JB would be a nice touch.

Galaxy Ace 2 :-)