Samsung released the source code of the GT-I9100_HK Galaxy SII Jelly Bean update.

Samsung released the source code of the GT-I9100_HK  Galaxy SII Jelly Bean update.
The Galaxy SII is based on Android 4.1 with the new TouchWiz interface.
Thanks to this release developers could make easier new DEV roms for the GT-I9100_HK Galaxy S II.

The Source code is based on the Firmware I9100ZSLS6

You can download the source codes here at opensource.samsung.com Gt-I9100_HK  (Galaxy SII)

Thanks for sending this in JulianXhokaxhiu through twitter.
Firmware news 45

saico_shark

i updated my phone to 4.1.2 looks good but the navigation doesnt work

Maltman
2 years 7 months ago

@ godzibast: Thanks for the info!! Sounds promising!

trolloface
2 years 7 months ago

I’m using Disaster rom v4. This rom have multi window and lockscreen ink effect from note 2. Smart stay works of course :P Just perfect rom :D

godzibast

Hello,

I’m using this based ROM modified by Alliance Team and for a alpha ROM it works like a charm !!!
@ Maltman : yes, this ROM includes smart stay and even multi windows !

Maltman
2 years 7 months ago

Does anybody know if they implemented smart stay in the JB update for the S2? I read some news that they only implemented some of the features the S3 have. E.g. multi window is not avaible on the s2.
All who will have the official update first, please check for smart stay!
TIA

nicolas9115

ya tendría que estar

veshlin

lol so there isnt an answer to when the GS2 is gettin JB

kizinew

when have it with gt-i9100G

kanani

hi sammobile

when does it come for i9100g or i9100t or p android 4.1.2

please answer it

thanhhieunguyen
2 years 7 months ago

bản rom này chừng nào có thể phát hành vậy?

aftabk488

when will be offfical rom will release for sgs2 gt-i9100

ManuArias20
2 years 7 months ago

y que se supone que hay que hacer con esto, porque no le veo la gracia. Avisen cuando tengan la version oficial.
Igual gracias por tener en cuenta el SGS2

codrinst
2 years 7 months ago

BeyondGalaxy I said to the end of December not January and also I said HOPEFULLY, so please be more carefull when you read comments. And yes the android 4.0.3 ICS had some issues that are not fixed yet at least on my phone and I really don’t know how to fix it.

BeyongGalaxy
2 years 7 months ago

I am trying to add here…. :)

BeyongGalaxy
2 years 7 months ago

So, this means that 4.1.1/4.1.2 is not even close to be ready by end of January, according to codrinst, if it is bucket full of bugs and flies. But on thing always bug me is that, how could they have release a perfect firmware for SIII and Note II (with the phone at sale) and fail miserably to come up with a good firmware for previous verion of smartphones when the previous version should have been more easier to code firmware(s) for them, because of lower specs. And especially when Samsung release some 4.1.1 for lower end phones or newer than SII with almost the same specs or lower even.

codrinst
2 years 7 months ago

Hi everyone. To be clear for all of you this is just the source code of the future update.
I hope that the update will come at least to the end of December, because the latest one had some issues on (my) galaxy SII both in music player and in internal storage memory.
Maybe an exact release date of the update will calm a little bit users, but you don’t want a firmware with lots of bugs like they did with ICS or do you?

MASIYO2011

Is there jelly bean for the i9100G, too? :(

ariel.gil6796

for Danaxys2:
the vanilla ui is not that beutifull… In my opinion the touchwiz nature ux is prettier… there are a lot of apps that are missing such as notes and etc…

DAViiD__
2 years 7 months ago

For a clearance: You CAN’T install a source code -___-” It’s just something for devs.

Danaxys2
2 years 7 months ago

Nexus design iz ugly I mean the phone’s shape iz terrible, than it has a slicky glass on the backside, so you can easily drop your phone when your hands are wet.
And the buggest-biggest problem iz that you can not remove the back so if your Nexus freezes you can’t do anything to get it work, can’t remove the battery.
And there’s no way to extend with a sd card.
You buy 8 gb or 16 gb, that’s it.
But it’s software is soo good, transitions are smooth but the outer design is awful.

m-e-o-a

please.. tell me..
How to Install??

gaganahuja11

Chill Guyz…
I just want to say that samsung should atleast tell us the exact date for the update so that we dont comment any more

alexrv.ea
2 years 7 months ago

Well…. I agree with ariel.gil6796 . Atleast Samsung is thinking about updating SII with JB. Am an SII user. I know how other SII users are thinking/feeling. Be patient. You don’t want a firmware with lots of bugs like they did with ICS or do you. We’ll get it when its ready.

vaiosp
2 years 7 months ago

And If you cannot tell the difference between source code and firmware then you should stop even commenting!!

vaiosp
2 years 7 months ago

How retarded can all making comments be..
You bought a Samsung not a Nexus! If you wanted updates you should bought a Nexus.
YOU made the desicion to buy it, now shut up and wait till the update is finised. As we all do.