Samsung Galaxy S II LTE Ice Cream Sandwich update finally arrives

You can now update your Galaxy S II LTE via KIES or OTA.
This is the official Android 4.0.3 update for the Galaxy S II.
Thanks to this update you can use things like facelock.
Sadly this update is still not done for the Galaxy S II LTE  HD.
Samsung needs more time for this update.

Let us know if you got this Android 4.0.3 Ice Cream Sandwich update.

source

Phones 42

1 month 30 days ago

mortgagecrow Major thanks for the blog.Thanks Again. Keep writing.

Major thanks for the blog.Thanks Again. Keep writing.

jmenes
2 years 11 months ago

sir. what is ice cream sandwich?

Nicolas_Do
3 years 3 months ago

@ davidcsv: Can you confirm this ICS version can root? I wanna have the info about root before update.

annamaria86
3 years 3 months ago

salve io nn riesco ad aggiornare il mio galaxy s II lo attaccato al kies ma nn mi da nessun risultato tenta di fare l’aggiornamento firmware ma poi si blocca e nn riesco piu ad andare avanti come faccio sapete aiutarmi anche perchè ho riscontrato che il telefono si e rallentato di molto

MOMiN
3 years 3 months ago

seriously i feel like I’ve been tricked by Samsung as yet no update for galaxy S2 ( i9100G )
while the the galaxy S2 ( i9100 ) been updated long time ago

all its
3 years 3 months ago

Hi davidcsv, whould u send me the files. Thanks

Drachy
3 years 3 months ago

Excuse me for a minute everyone, this thread is about the galaxy s2 4G LTE (the gt-i9210t, in Australia) Not the i9100. Please refrain from asking about other phones.

I would like to know when the ICS update will be available for the s2 4g LTE gt-i9210t Telstra handsets in Australia.

Thanks.

Mobbz
3 years 3 months ago

I’m also an I9100G owner and I would like to know when we gonna get ICS in Malaysia, any info/ date would be most appreciated.

Thank you and kindly wait for an answer

PDA: I9100GDZKL3
PHONE: I9100GDZKL3
CSC: I9100GOLCKL3
Build Info:Thu Dec 22 14:58:59 KST 2011

gilvansnipes12
3 years 3 months ago

bem vejo que a empresa não divulga, más gostaria de uma resposta!! A Samsung não anuncia e nunca anunciou a tela Gorilla Glass nos aparelhos nacionais, pelo menos eu não lembro de ter visto! o aparelho nacional não tem a tela anti-arranhões. isso é algo que vc’s devem saber !!!! sou brasileiro é até agora ninguêm sabe Se o aparelho nacional tem a tal tela, eu não sei, mas eu encontrei muita dificuldade para achar uma resposta diferente (por sinal não encontrei). Se você encontrar em algum lugar, por favor avise, porque está complicado!!! espero resposta!!

gilvansnipes12
3 years 3 months ago

ainda nao recebi uma ATUALIZAÇÃO do SAMSUNG Sii, Android Ice Cream Sandwich 4.0.3. Como Faço para baixar e atualizar?? vc’s podem me enviar o conteudo para atualização completo???
meu Sii e Nacional sou brasileiro.

gilvansnipes12
3 years 3 months ago

ainda não recebi a atualização do SAMSUNG Sii , Android 4.0.3 Ice atualização Sandwich Cream. como faço para baixar e atualizar

Donlodris
3 years 3 months ago

I don`t it have in Argentina yet…..I connect my Galaxy S2 every day to Samsung Kies, bud still nothing :o(
Do you have some information about it? Thanks!!

Utacka
3 years 3 months ago

Can i flash this to swedish version GT-I9210?

HADIGHGH
3 years 3 months ago

also I’m a I9100G owner and I want to know when we gonna get ICS.
Thanks and we wait some kind of answer

Metallico1985
3 years 3 months ago

I’m a I9100G owner and I want to know when we gonna get ICS.
Thanks and we wait some kind of answer

davidcsv

Samansad,

Please specify more/all firmware and phone details… indicate the exact model you have and which firmware (file) you used to flash. Additionally, provide a dump of the ‘about phone’ screen details.

In most cases, your CSC is not configured properly and that will cause KIES to ‘choke’ on certain ‘things’ when you connect the phone.

I noticed that people are asking questions in this thread which are totally not related to the thread’s subject/title, so please provide as much info as you can regarding your situation (phone model, versions etc…) in order to get a more effective response/solution to your problem.

davidcsv

JickLee,

One thing you could try is to perform a factory reset (incl clearing cache). Start from scratch and (re)configure your device. This worked for us before when we encountered unexplainable ‘anomalies’ on our S2′s.

Of course, if you are sure the phone was reset to factory defaults after the upgrade, then something else would be the cause of your problems (perhaps app not behaving well under ICS?…idk)

JickLee
3 years 3 months ago

Hi mates, after upgrading to Android version 4.0.3, some of my apps are no longer working that well, especially the driving mode of the Text-to-Speech service. I can still see the configuration but it doesnt work!

Here’s my phone info:

Model Number: GT-I9100
Android Version: 4.0.3
Baseband Version: I9100XXLPQ

I am thinking to revert this back to android 2.3 but im not sure if that’s the best solution.

Any ideas?

Thanks for you help :(

madhuvmr
3 years 3 months ago

I’m from India, when can India S2 get ICS Update???????
does anybody have any idea?????

skmusthaq
3 years 3 months ago

What about S-2 GT-I9100′G’ model for ICE update? Why samsung cheating us…How long we have to wait…

samansad
3 years 3 months ago

I updated using your final firmware and now it said my OS don’t support update through Kies :(

manoochehr
3 years 3 months ago

I am from iran.update i9100g for icream?

quyentrong
3 years 3 months ago

why do we wait ICS for I9100G?

guiz
3 years 3 months ago

Hope this rom correct all other ICS bugs. Frieze in apps using ( “2XL”, “final defence”), don’t remember personnal settings for another app “glob trafic et radars”.
And at first, the most bad, friezing using Swype, for sms or internet wrting !

Drachy
3 years 3 months ago

Hopefully the ICS helps the battery problem. With the “LTE” turnd on this phone drains from 100 to 76% in 5 hours of sitting in my bag… LTE off is better, but its still 10% in 4 hours of idle… wifi at home gives me the best though.. almost where i left it when i wake up 6-7 hours later.