Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Not registered on network / Emergency calls only

Sorry for asking... i already update latest firmware 4.3 for note 2... but can't make call, sms or internet data... error msg 'not registered on network'... i already select network manually but still same... i try to put other sim card also same... please help me...

Quote Originally Posted by xoxomica11 [ Login above or register to see download links. ]
    Hi I'm Mica fr. the Philippines.
    I've got this problem for over a month. There's a pop-up notification saying there's a Software Update so I click install. After I've successfully installed the new firmware I'm unable to receive outgoing & ingoing calls and texts. Can somebody help me with this my phone was stocked in EMERGENCY CALLS only when you pull the notification bar. I tried to root it to downgrade it but there is no use. I wiped it already worked in a while but it came back again. I upgraded it again so I could ask if it was covered in the warranty. It says no, it will charge you in big cost. I don't have enough budget for this, but if I am able to fix it with myself I might even be proud of myself. What Am I going to do? I hope someone could answer my Q's thank you so much SamMobile!
    hi na repair nba fone mo same tyo ng sitwasyon

Hi all, I am from Cambodia. I used to meet this kind of problem. First, I use firmware from India then my phone work with wifi only not sim card. But when I try to fix this emergency call only. My wifi got problem. That means it switch from Emergency Call Only to Wifi Problem.

If you still get this kind of problem, you should use customize firmware of 4.3(unofficial) then flash MK4_KERNEL and ModemMJ9.

Any problem you can drop to my email [ Login above or register to see download links. ]!! Feel free to help you out!!

Quote Originally Posted by xoxomica11 [ Login above or register to see download links. ]
    Hi I'm Mica fr. the Philippines.
    I've got this problem for over a month. There's a pop-up notification saying there's a Software Update so I click install. After I've successfully installed the new firmware I'm unable to receive outgoing & ingoing calls and texts. Can somebody help me with this my phone was stocked in EMERGENCY CALLS only when you pull the notification bar. I tried to root it to downgrade it but there is no use. I wiped it already worked in a while but it came back again. I upgraded it again so I could ask if it was covered in the warranty. It says no, it will charge you in big cost. I don't have enough budget for this, but if I am able to fix it with myself I might even be proud of myself. What Am I going to do? I hope someone could answer my Q's thank you so much SamMobile!
    Call Samsung customer services department through [ Login above or register to see download links. ] from other mobile. I am sure you will get help from their side.

@xoxomica11 and mark.joseph

were you able to have this issue sorted out? i'm having same problems with my S4. i tried inserting my sim to my husband's S4 and was able to connect to the network. But on my S4 it has around 2-3 signal bars, but displays Emergency Calls Only. btw this is the case when i'm home, but if i go out and walk a few houses away, i get a signal from my carrier. it's just frustrating because the other S4 can get a decent signal while i can't. could it be a network problem or the unit itself?

Quote Originally Posted by unfemme21 [ Login above or register to see download links. ]
    @xoxomica11 and mark.joseph

were you able to have this issue sorted out? i'm having same problems with my S4. i tried inserting my sim to my husband's S4 and was able to connect to the network. But on my S4 it has around 2-3 signal bars, but displays Emergency Calls Only. btw this is the case when i'm home, but if i go out and walk a few houses away, i get a signal from my carrier. it's just frustrating because the other S4 can get a decent signal while i can't. could it be a network problem or the unit itself?
    Sounds like you have the same phones, but not the same firmware.
    Can you install this app on both phones and post your:
    PRODUCT CODE
    PDA
    CSC

for both phones.
    [ Login above or register to see download links. ]

@greenman
    thanks for your reply

here's the info on both S4 units that i have:
    my S4 (this is the one with the Emergency Calls Only issue)
    PRODUCT CODE - GT-I9505ZWAGLB
    PDA - I9505XXUEMKE
    CSC - I9505LBEMKE

my husband's S4
    PRODUCT CODE - I9505ZKAGLB
    PDA - same as above
    CSC - same as above

thank you so much!

That does add to the mystery as the only difference appears to be the colour.

This is beginning to look like a network issue (are you on the same network?) or a hardware failure.
    If this is the case, I would expect the bluetooth not to work either as it is a shared module.

One last thing to try if you are on the same network:
    1. Back up your phone user data - contacts, sms etc using the Helium app from the Play Store.
    2. Go into Recovery Mode by pressing and holding Volume up + Home button + power button (all 3 together)
    3. Use volume to choose Clear Cache and then Power button to action.
    4. Now do the same for Clear Data /Factory Reset.
    Last edited by greenman; 13-02-2014 at 23:28.

@greenman

yes we're on the same network and that makes it more frustrating. but like what i said, it happens only when i'm at home.

anyway i'll do your instructions when i get home. i'm actually on the road right now and signal is perfectly fine.

thanks again! happy hearts' day everyone!

hi i have same problem... but my imei is ok... dont know what to do... please help