Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Same FW - Singapore Carriers

Same FW - Singapore Carriers

Hi,

I am from Singapore, the 3 Carriers here are SingTel, M1 and Starhub. I have tried downloaded all 3 but it seems they are loaded with the same file despite named differently. Not sure was there a mistake in uploading or I am missing some critical steps. I realized when I unzipped the files, besides .tar which I used for Odin flashing, there is a .dll file. Is this file important? What am I missing?

Thanks,
    Wayne

Quote Originally Posted by crzcar [ Login above or register to see download links. ]
    Hi,

I am from Singapore, the 3 Carriers here are SingTel, M1 and Starhub. I have tried downloaded all 3 but it seems they are loaded with the same file despite named differently. Not sure was there a mistake in uploading or I am missing some critical steps. I realized when I unzipped the files, besides .tar which I used for Odin flashing, there is a .dll file. Is this file important? What am I missing?

Thanks,
    Wayne
    Can we start with the firmware on your phone?
    Dial *#1234# and post your results.

Quote Originally Posted by greenman [ Login above or register to see download links. ]
    Can we start with the firmware on your phone?
    Dial *#1234# and post your results.
    This is what I got:

AP: I9305XXBMA6
    CP: I9305XXBLL5
    CSC: I9305OLBBMA2

My question is no matter which carrier file I end up flashing, when I plug it back to Kies it will show firmware version (MM1) i.e. M1 one of the 3 carriers. I apologize if I did not explain it well! Thank you!

Quote Originally Posted by crzcar [ Login above or register to see download links. ]
    This is what I got:
    AP: I9305XXBMA6
    CP: I9305XXBLL5
    My question is no matter which carrier file I end up flashing, when I plug it back to Kies it will show firmware version (MM1) i.e. M1 one of the 3 carriers. I apologize if I did not explain it well! Thank you!
    Perhaps if I try and explain the csc code, that will help?
    You have 2 CSC codes.
    1. Sales Code CSC - this is on your phone to identify the intended market - country or network.
    2. Firmware CSC - this identifies the target country/network.
    Your firmware csc is
    Where OLB identifies that it is firmware for Singapore with the Samsung Code MM1.
    MM1 is 'open' Singapore firmware, so is not locked to any network - although I presume the providers of an LTE service are limited, and probably only the M1 network.

If you are not happy with this firmware, you can install any I9305 firmware, from any country and it will work in your phone - providing it is not locked to a network.

Quote Originally Posted by greenman [ Login above or register to see download links. ]
    Perhaps if I try and explain the csc code, that will help?
    You have 2 CSC codes.
    1. Sales Code CSC - this is on your phone to identify the intended market - country or network.
    2. Firmware CSC - this identifies the target country/network.
    Your firmware csc is
    Where OLB identifies that it is firmware for Singapore with the Samsung Code MM1.
    MM1 is 'open' Singapore firmware, so is not locked to any network - although I presume the providers of an LTE service are limited, and probably only the M1 network.

If you are not happy with this firmware, you can install any I9305 firmware, from any country and it will work in your phone - providing it is not locked to a network.
    Hi greenman,

I understand it a lot better now. I was assuming (MM1) is a M1 network provider but it means open as you explain. Thank you very much.

hi all,

I couldn't download any of the firmwares. May anyone help?
    I'm from singapore too. carrier singtel

Quote Originally Posted by chengjie89 [ Login above or register to see download links. ]
    hi all,

I couldn't download any of the firmwares. May anyone help?
    I'm from singapore too. carrier singtel
    Cannot help with download - the Hotfile's are slow so you need a good connection. - but here is the firmware you need:
    [ Login above or register to see download links. ]

Hmmm, thanks to this thread, I finally managed to get a list of matching firmware.

Now, here's a question. Is PDA the same as AP code?

Thanks!

[ Login above or register to see download links. ]

does any one know what is the different between the product code MM1 and XSP for the singapore firmware??
    the other to SIN and STH i know they are the telco code for singapore.. but what is the MM1 and XSP??

XSP (Non-Telco, no bloatware)
    SIN (Singtel bloatware)
    MM1 (M1 bloatware)
    STH (Starhub bloatware)