Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Galaxy Ace stuck on samsung screen

Galaxy Ace stuck on samsung screen

My samsung galaxy ace froze when I was in an application. I couldn't turn it off so had to remove the battery. When I turned it back on it wouldn't boot all the way and is stuck flashing between the samsung screen and my network provider screen. I have tried holding down the power, volume and home button and have restored the phone to factory settings. However when I click reboot it comes up with an error message and still won't turn on. Please help

Premium Member
    What's the error message?

the error message says: failed to mount data (invalid arguement)

Have a problem with that solution as my phone won't go in to download mode to do anything to it.

Premium Member
    Try this to get it into download mode:

1. run odin
    2. while your device is off, plug your usb connector to your computer
    3. hold volume up + volume down + power at the same time, wait for the battery charging logo appears, then wait for the battery logo to disappear then unpress power botton then your phone will go into download mode and will be recognized by odin...

...To do this you'll probably need an xtra couple of hands though...
    Last edited by Zoomy; 21-01-2013 at 19:27.

I am going to sound really thick now. What is odin?

Premium Member
    Odin is a program that can be used to update the firmware of your phone with...

It's a bit like Samsung KIES but much faster; whereas KIES takes almost forever Odin flashes the new firmware in about then 10 mins...

Odin is also more flexible than KIES, because one can flash older firmware, root your phone, flash kernels and modems all at once but also seperate from each other. That can come in handy if the new firmware does not meet the owners expectations like battery consumption or bad connections...it can also be used to perform small repairs like re-partition memory using a PIT file (like stated in the XDA url I've provided earlier). Just do a web search for the Ace it's 512 PIT file...

Reverting back to older firmware or making small changes to the firmware is impossible when using KIES! And to be assured: Odin is also used by Samsung developers and technicians...

The correct Odin version for your Ace can be found in the firmware section under the "Firmware & files" tab...

Just fill out type, OS, Model and Country and click the send button. This will present filmware, drivers, flash guides and flash programs...

http://www.sammobile.com/firmware/?page=3
    Last edited by Zoomy; 21-01-2013 at 19:55.

Ok I have installed odin on to my pc and my phone is in download mode. I'm stuck as to what I need to do next though

Quote Originally Posted by kat0582 View Post
    Ok I have installed odin on to my
    pc and my phone is in download mode. I'm stuck as to what I need to do next though
    I would watch this video on YouTube:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Hs0nTc_O2w

Instructions here, but plenty others on Google:
    http://yagyagaire.blogspot.co.uk/201...l#.UP2OqB2Zaz4