Page 1 of 21 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: LiteRemix XXLG1 based on Nexus / Hero355 (Old thread!)

Premium Member

LiteRemix XXLG1 based on Nexus / Hero355 (Old thread!)

"Art begins in imitation and ends in innovation."
    Mason Cooley (1927)

[ Login above or register to see download links. ]
    Everything you need is included in the archive. A smaller download package, missing some extras, is available from [ Login above or register to see download links. ]. Keep in mind that, in this package, core patches and additional ringtones are missing.
    If you want Java apps in main menu check the MenuCFG folder (in extras) before full flashing!
    Big thanks to Nexus and Hero355 for their great work that this is based on!

Choose your own base FW:
    Using these patches you may change the base FW (standard: XXLG1) for this. You won't lose any data flashing them and you can always go back. Updated core patches are now included in the LiteRemix XXLG1 archive (extras folder) itself.
    • DDLC2 Core Patch (indian FW core)
    • JVLC2 Core Patch (turkish FW core, highly recommended)
    • XXLG1 Core Patch (to revert back)

Old stuff (not recommended, but if you need it...):
    • [ Login above or register to see download links. ].

Here's the official successor of my [ Login above or register to see download links. ]. It is based on [ Login above or register to see download links. ], [ Login above or register to see download links. ] and [ Login above or register to see download links. ]. I included only what I deemed the best features from both worlds and also did some heavy modifications of my own. Also, big thanks to B. Kubica and Cybekteam, who made some of the modifications possible.

The standard base FW for this is [ Login above or register to see download links. ], but interchangeable (see above). I paid special attention that no unneccesary files make it in this FW. The goal of this CFW is to be lite and easy on RAM, so that even HD Games like Tintin work good on it, while still keeping functionality. It is also intended as a solid base for other CFW projects of your own.

New features in Ultra LiteRemix XXLG1 v3:
    • Portrait camera enabled again
    • Big fonts (with asian symbols) manually installable from extras folder
    • Revised Core patches
    • ChatON installation included
    • Choosable Java app main menu configurations (extras folder)
    • Removed Music Hub, Caster, SevenIM from main installation (available from extras folder)

New features in LiteRemix XXLG1 v2:
    • Updated camera app.
    • Arabic/RTL languages support via additional CSC file (Big thanks to Shaiws!).
    • New boot logo.
    • New PowerOn/PowerOff logo.
    • Facebook, Song ID, BlueFTP included in Java menu for all CSCs.
    • BadaDroid support is now optional (see extras folder).
    • Updated core patches for DDLC2, JVLC2 and XXLG1 included in the archive.
    • Caster, Music Hub, SevenIM, Polaris, GTalk, Yahoo, MSN provided as install files (extras folder).
    • All widgets provided as install files (extras folder).
    • Even more memory savings.

Complete list of features in LiteRemix XXLG1 v2:
    • Choosable Java app main menu configurations (extras folder)
    • Optional BadaDroid compatibility (see extras folder). [ Login above or register to see download links. ]. Made possible by BadaDroid team on XDA and Mike Gapinsky.
    • Arabic/RTL languages support via additional CSC file (Big thanks to Shaiws!).
    • New boot logo.
    • New PowerOn/PowerOff logo.
    • Updated core patches for DDLC2, JVLC2 and XXLG1 included in the archive.
    • Caster, Music Hub, SevenIM, Polaris, ChatON, GTalk, Yahoo, MSN provided as install files (extras folder).
    • All widgets provided as install files (extras folder).
    • Includes Hero355s improved FM radio. Listen to music without headphones plugged!
    • Alarm doesn't stop after one minute.
    • Low ringtone volume fixed.
    • Camera supports portrait mode.
    • Calculator uses radians instead of degrees.
    • Operator name removed from quick panel.
    • Wave 3 lockscreen from Nexus' XXLD2. Caller screen with touch controls.
    • New wallpaper and lock screen images.
    • Remastered S3 startup sound.
    • All notification sounds replaced by high quality S3 alternatives.
    • Google Maps, Opera, Facebook, Song ID, BlueFTP, DB Rail Navigator included and uninstallable.
    • Applemint font is included and set as default.
    • Drastically reduced fonts (original is ~18MB, here it is ~2MB). Asian symbols supported via special fonts manually installable from extras folder.
    • Social Hub Premium activated.
    • Homescreen and main menu rearranged to favor most used apps.
    • Includes Psycoys [ Login above or register to see download links. ].
    • PDF, widgets, gadgets removed from Bada 1.2 storage by Hero355.
    • All but needed ringtones and alert tones removed.
    • Removed all Widgets.
    • Removed duplicate apps in SHPAPP.
    • Removed Polaris, YouTube and Google.
    • You have 864MB of 880MB app memory free with optional apps uninstalled.
    • Several configuration tweaks by Nexus and Hero355.
    • Removed lock from Java Apps so that backup is possible.

I included six different CSC files in this CFW:

CSC_S8500_Multi_A_King_LG6.csc:
    • Languages: English, German, French, Italian, Spanish, Dutch, Polish, Portuguese, Turkish, Irish
    • CSCs: XEO, TUR, MET, KOR, ITV, DBT, XTC

CSC_S8500_Multi_B_King_LG6.csc:
    • Languages: English, Slovenian, Croatian, Romanian, Bulgarian, Macedonian, Serbian, Russian, Estonian, Latvian
    • CSCs: BHT, CMF, GBL, HAT, KOR, MBM, MOT, MTL, SER, SMO, TMT, TRA, VVT

CSC_S8500_Multi_C_King_LG6.csc:
    • Languages: English, German, French, Italian, Dutch, Spanish, Greek, Portuguese, Swedish, Turkish, Hungarian, Croatian, Czech, Bulgarian, Romanian, Serbian, Slovenian, Irish
    • CSCs: DBT, IRD, ITV, KOR, ORS, XEF, XEH, XEU, XEZ, XFA, XFC, XFE, ATO, AUT, MET, MOZ, ORC, PHB, PRO, VDC, VDH, VGF , XEB , TUR, FOP CYO, EUR, THL, INU, HAT

CSC_S8500_Multi_D_King_LG6.csc:
    • Languages: German, English, French, Dutch, Swedish, Danish, Finnish, Norwegian, Icelandic
    • CSCs: XEE, XEN, TDC, TEN, TLA, TNO, VDS, NEE, ODK, KOR

CSC_S8500_Multi_RTL_King_LG7.csc:
    • Big thanks to Shaiws for the language packets and RTL font (BADA-IL Rom).
    • Languages: English, Chinese(S), Hebrew, Arabic, Korean, Farsi, Urdu, Maly, Indonesian, Vietnamese, Thai
    • CSCs: ABS, AFG, BTC, EGY, GLB, JED, KOR, KSA, LEV, MAL, MAT, MED, MID, MMC, MWD, PAK, SIN, SMA, THL, THR, TUN, WAN, XEV, XSE, XSG, XTC, XTE, XXV

CSC_S8500_German_DBT_King_LG6.csc
    • Only english and german languages included (saves RAM).
    • Only DBT included.

Attention CFW modders:
    Due to some reorganisations some stuff that was previously in CSC://CSCsfs/SystemFS is now in FFS://SystemFS. Keep that in mind when editing it yourself using my tutorials!

Notes:
    IM, Caster and Music Hub are completely uninstallable - remove them for max memory free. AllShare doesn't cost you memory (only the link was previously removed). Google Maps and Opera Mini combined use only ~1MB of app memory. The differences in memory between a dual-language CSC (f.e. german and english in LG2) and a multi language CSC are actually very little - just use the CSC file fitting for your language and country.

If you're already using LiteRemix XXLD2 v3, and you don't actually want to do a fresh install, don't flash this. Use the [ Login above or register to see download links. ] instead to get all the features (but Android 4 compatibility) while keeping all your data.

If you should notice problems such as lag, low battery life or non-working push email, I highly recommend using the JVLC2 FW core from the all-in-one-package above instead. Patching is easy, safe and quick.

If you'd rather have a CFW based on chinese ZCLC2 and don't mind having only english language and no Java Apps in main menu, I suggest you use my [ Login above or register to see download links. ] instead.

BTW: Again, I don't mind if you 'steal' from this one. In fact, I'd rather be flattered.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 20120727132541.jpg   20120727132546.jpg   20120727132550.jpg   20120727132555.jpg   20120727132612.jpg  

20120725185300.jpg   20120727132628.jpg   20120805151020.jpg   20120605134344.jpg   20120605230323.jpg  

20120605230312.jpg   20120605230306.jpg   20120523174943.jpg   20120523175522.jpg   literemix_bootlogo_cards.jpg  

Bada_Globe_small_bright.jpg   surfer.jpg   20120824035050.jpg   20120824035114.jpg  
    Last edited by _king_; 13-11-2012 at 18:04.

Would this be compatible with Android 4.1 Jelly Bean? And does the Android compability cost any memory?

Edit: Could you include a FFS file which has only digital clock and weather widget?
    Last edited by iBada; 05-08-2012 at 17:30.

Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by iBada [ Login above or register to see download links. ]
    Would this be compatible with Android 4.1 Jelly Bean? And does the Android compability cost any memory?

Edit: Could you include a FFS file which has only digital clock and weather widget?
    It should be compatible with any BadaDroid version above v4.0 and the compatibility doesn't cost you any memory. Always refer to the proper instructions, though.

I'll provide a patch for later install of the widgets later :-).

Thanks for your answer. Your patch is welcome.

But the boot logo is ugly. Is there any possibility to change it back to the standard one?
    Last edited by iBada; 06-08-2012 at 00:10.

Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by iBada [ Login above or register to see download links. ]
    But the boot logo is ugly. Is there any possibility to change it back to the standard one?
    I think it is beautiful :-). Just use the RC2 from a different FW (f.e. LiteRemix XXLD2 v3). You may also flash that without data loss (same as a core patch).
    Last edited by _king_; 06-08-2012 at 03:27.

Premium Member

Some additional stuff

Alright, here's some additional stuff for you:
    • [ Login above or register to see download links. ]

Flash without data loss, don't tick any options in Multiloader. Same as with core patches. I like the alternative BadaDroid logo better than the standard one!

I'm currently working on arabic CSCs, more later.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails surfer.jpg  

Hey King, thank you very much for your work.
    Ive noticed a huge battery consumption on these latest firmwares, do you have the same problem?

Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by claudiohi [ Login above or register to see download links. ]
    Hey King, thank you very much for your work.
    Ive noticed a huge battery consumption on these latest firmwares, do you have the same problem?
    I noticed it with the XXLG1 core. After several days of use it stabilizes. I highy recommend to try the JVLC2 core (via the core patch all-in-one-package) instead. Working like a charm, better in any aspect than XXLG1, and you won't lose any data trying.

link for " PFS patch to add Digital Clock and Weather widgets " is not working... plz fix it...

thanks 4 all ur hard work....

also can you tell if there is lag in using this firmware... i am currently using ddlc2 and after installing a few apps it starts lagging...
    Last edited by cooljack08; 08-08-2012 at 09:02.

Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by cooljack08 [ Login above or register to see download links. ]
    link for " PFS patch to add Digital Clock and Weather widgets " is not working... plz fix it...

thanks 4 all ur hard work....

also can you tell if there is lag in using this firmware... i am currently using ddlc2 and after installing a few apps it starts lagging...
    Just tried the link and it is working. Could you try again?

There is always lag in certain situations with those euro FWs. Try the JVLC2 core patch, you might have a much better overall experience.