Page 2 of 21 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: LiteRemix XXLG1 based on Nexus / Hero355 (Old thread!)

the link is working now....must be some problem with my connection....

thanks... i will try the JVLC2 patch....n hope for the best...

_king_ I am confused because I don't know which firmware I should flash. Can you help me?

I want a firmware which is fast and easy to use that means that it shouldn't lag in menu and should run well on good games like Tintin and so on. I'm tired of slow and unstable firmwares. I think the final version of Android 4.1 will rescue our Waves.

I think the chinese CZLB4 and (like your opinion says) the JVLC2 are good base firmwares. (I flashed the JVLC2 before but it lagged, maybe it wasn't installed correctly. It can't be that for you the same patch works well and for me it runs slow and buggy. There must be an error.)

Maybe you can tell me the pros and cons of the best known bada 2.0 base firmwares. I wait pleased for your answer.

PS: Is the .pfs file (widgets) compatible with the chinese CZLB4?
    Last edited by iBada; 08-08-2012 at 23:45.

Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by iBada [ Login above or register to see download links. ]
    _king_ I am confused because I don't know which firmware I should flash. Can you help me?

I want a firmware which is fast and easy to use that means that it shouldn't lag in menu and should run well on good games like Tintin and so on. I'm tired of slow and unstable firmwares. I think the final version of Android 4.1 will rescue our Waves.

I think the chinese CZLB4 and (like your opinion says) the JVLC2 are good base firmwares. (I flashed the JVLC2 before but it lagged, maybe it wasn't installed correctly. It can't be that for you the same patch works well and for me it runs slow and buggy. There must be an error.)

Maybe you can tell me the pros and cons of the best known bada 2.0 base firmwares. I wait pleased for your answer.

PS: Is the .pfs file (widgets) compatible with the chinese CZLB4?
    You actually have less choice than you might think. Lag, battery life, stability all depend mainly and maybe only onthe base FW. At the present time there are only three FW 'development strings' that will fully work with SHP and german language: XX???, JV??? and DD???, the most recent versions being XXLG1, JVLC2 and DDLC2. All CFWs using other base FWs - to my knowledge - do something called mix FW. A mix FW uses core files from one of the working 'development strings' to make SHP and languages possible. Even my DXLD1 core patch is a mix FW core patch. So, I think it's fair to reduce this to the three mentioned plus ZCLC2 (which doesn't support languages other than english).

And here's what I think:
    • XXLG1: Laggy at times, sometimes bad battery life, bad WiFi signal. The most recent and most stable Bada 2.0 FW, nonetheless.
    • JVLC2:Less lag, better battery life, great GPS and WiFi for me.
    • DDLC2: On par with JVLC2, but I still prefer JVLC2, which is my true favourite.
    • ZCLC2: Great base FW, possibly the best (I still prefer JVLC2). No languages other than english possible, though.

Keep in mind that all of this is highly subjective. Also, keep in mind that currently all Bada 2.0 FWs have bugs and problems.

What I suggest you do now:
    If you're ok with the lack of german language, try my Ultra LiteRemix ZCLC2, otherwise try the DDLC2 core patch and see if it works better fro you.

Widgets should work without any problems for ZCLC2 (untested).

Thank you very much for your posting.

I need german language and because of that I don't flash ZCLC2. Maybe one day it is possible to add languages to this firmware. I flashed months before the ZCLC2 of the user nexus (at the time the firmware came out) and saw that it is very fast but the chinese logos were disturbing and by tapping a live-panel widget the phone rebooted. Also there were some other bugs. But the keyboard is ultra-fast.

I try to flash your LiteRemix XXLG1 and then I will flash JVLC2 core patch again. I hope it won't lag and run slow. If it works slow I will flash DDLC2 core patch and share my experience with you.

Thanks for your hard work!

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by _king_ [ Login above or register to see download links. ]
    I'm currently working on arabic CSCs, more later.
    You're my hero man *__*
    I can't wait for the arabic CSCs
    I was going to ask you for it but you're already working on it

Thank you so much _king_

Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Sofiene [ Login above or register to see download links. ]
    You're my hero man *__*
    I can't wait for the arabic CSCs
    I was going to ask you for it but you're already working on it

Thank you so much _king_
    After some research: Arabic CSCs might not work with XXLG1 :-/. With JVLC2 or DDLC2 as base it will work 100%. There was not a whole lot of interest, but now I'll see about a solution. You may try a beta from [ Login above or register to see download links. ] (but you don't have to, of course).

Exclamation

Quote Originally Posted by _king_ [ Login above or register to see download links. ]
    After some research: Arabic CSCs might not work with XXLG1 :-/. With JVLC2 or DDLC2 as base it will work 100%. There was not a whole lot of interest, but now I'll see about a solution. You may try a beta from [ Login above or register to see download links. ] (but you don't have to, of course).
    I don't know if that's a bad or a good thing !! o.O
    I'm already using JVLC2 as base so I think the beta you just gave me should work just fine, no ?
    Anyway I'm gonna give this a try and I will see if I can get rid of the unwanted CSCs and languages to save RAM.
    Thank you so much _king_ for your efforts as usual

Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Sofiene [ Login above or register to see download links. ]
    I don't know if that's a bad or a good thing !! o.O
    I'm already using JVLC2 as base so I think the beta you just gave me should work just fine, no ?
    Anyway I'm gonna give this a try and I will see if I can get rid of the unwanted CSCs and languages to save RAM.
    Thank you so much _king_ for your efforts as usual
    Thank you! Let me know how it worked out for you!

Thank you! Let me know how it worked out for you!
    It's not working
    I flashed the beta then I used the core patch JVLC2 and I did a hard reset, the arabic languange appeared in the list of languages but the letters were writen in squares o.O
    And the keyboard was missing, there was no keyboard.
    I also tried DDLC2 core patch but it did not worked..
    Am I doing it wrong or it's just not working ??
    Can I flash mixing the beta with the files from JVLC2 core patch or it can break my phone ??

Premium Member
    It's not working
    I flashed the beta then I used the core patch JVLC2 and I did a hard reset, the arabic languange appeared in the list of languages but the letters were writen in squares o.O
    And the keyboard was missing, there was no keyboard.
    I also tried DDLC2 core patch but it did not worked..
    Am I doing it wrong or it's just not working ??
    Can I flash mixing the beta with the files from JVLC2 core patch or it can break my phone ??
    Sorry about your trouble. I'll have to see about the cause of this problem myself. Just give me a day or two.