Page 12 of 21 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: LiteRemix XXLG1 based on Nexus / Hero355 (Old thread!)

Premium Member
    @zsamsung, re listening device:
    Well, I had the heating up sometimes, too. It might come from some app we're both using or from a malfunction of some internal libraries. I somehow doubt that this really has to do with government-injected malware. First, this is the closed source Bada-platform, so developing something like this is much more complicated, and second I wouldn't know why I should be spied upon by the government. Unless the german Verfassungsschutz is already chasing me :-).

The only one able to do something like that is Samsung themselves - closed source, so we never know what's hidden inside. Still, I think that bad programming skills are rather to blame than something fishy.

Hi,
    Do I have to do a full download just to change the lock screen?

Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by pixha View Post
    Hi,
    Do I have to do a full download just to change the lock screen?
    The main download includes both lockscreens (new and old), so you should already have everything you need.

Premium Member

Lack of updates?

This post is just to let you know that, even with my now bricked Wave and my new found love for Android, this CFW is not dead yet. While I'm not around this forum as much as usual, I'm working together with several XDA members, among them adfree and mylove90 on something big for the next release. My user name on XDA is k8500, BTW.

On another note, I'm quite happy to see progress on the BadaDroid project. Although we all have and still do put in a lot of effort into making Bada better, we will eventually reach our limits, and, if the Wave 1 handset should have any future, that future does lie in Android more likely than in Bada or Tizen.
    Last edited by _king_; 06-10-2012 at 18:59.

"Unless the german Verfassungsschutz is already chasing me :-).""""

Thanks for your reply. Well, technically you have a point, but socially wise, you miss the point.

Government, though is a worst organized crime , but not the only one, When the Technology is there, anyone can manipulate it in criminal activities as those articles pointed out. My point as I raise this issue is THE LISTENING DEVICE in our phone is REAL and IT IS THERE and we as individuals, should be aware of that. And that it is used by whether government or other individuals against people privacy is another issue.

Anyway, ay least we now know that our smartphone can be used against us by others (government , corporates etc )

Regarding BADA vs Android..and whether BADA will have a future, you might be right King. This could also mean BADA Team of Samsung is somehow incompetent! :-) well in the end , it's just a phone. Technology will change very much in ten years from now, Handset phone may even disappear for other type of device such watchphone or sunglassphone,,,,,
    Thanks a lot King.. good to converse with you

Quote Originally Posted by _king_ View Post
    The main download includes both lockscreens (new and old), so you should already have everything you need.
    I know that, the thing is I "instaled" the new one, and because of messages issue i want the old one.

I strongly recommend that every Smartphone user must read this official article from Naval Surface Warfare Center
    Indiana University Crane Division..
    You can download this PDF here arxiv.org/pdf/1209.5982v1.pdf

PlaceRaider: Virtual Theft in Physical Spaces with Smartphones
    Robert Templemany;z, Zahid Rahmany, David Crandally, Apu Kapadiay
    ySchool of Informatics and Computing zNaval Surface Warfare Center
    Indiana University Crane Division
    Bloomington, IN, USA Crane, IN, USA
    September 27, 2012
    Abstract
    As smartphones become more pervasive, they are increasingly targeted by malware. At the
    same time, each new generation of smartphone features increasingly powerful onboard sensor
    suites. A new strain of `sensor malware' has been developing that leverages these sensors to steal
    information from the physical environment | e.g., researchers have recently demonstrated how
    malware can `listen' for spoken credit card numbers through the microphone, or `feel' keystroke
    vibrations using the accelerometer. Yet the possibilities of what malware can `see' through a
    camera have been understudied.
    This paper introduces a novel `visual malware' called PlaceRaider, which allows remote attackers
    to engage in remote reconnaissance and what we call \virtual theft." Through completely
    opportunistic use of the phone's camera and other sensors, PlaceRaider constructs rich, three
    dimensional models of indoor environments. Remote burglars can thus `download' the physical
    space, study the environment carefully, and steal virtual objects from the environment (such
    as nancial documents, information on computer monitors, and personally identi able information).
    Through two human subject studies we demonstrate the e ectiveness of using mobile
    devices as powerful surveillance and virtual theft platforms, and we suggest several possible
    defenses against visual malware.

Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by pixha View Post
    I know that, the thing is I "instaled" the new one, and because of messages issue i want the old one.
    Nope, no full flash needed. Just flash only the RC1 file and tick no options (no "Full Download", no "Master Rom").

Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by zsamsung View Post
    I strongly recommend that every Smartphone user must read this official article from Naval Surface Warfare Center
    Indiana University Crane Division..
    You can download this PDF here arxiv.org/pdf/1209.5982v1.pdf
    Well, I'm starting to see your point, and I agree that even thinking about this is scary. I'd still suggest you make a new thread to discuss, cause in here it won't get the right type of attention. Also, off-topic ;-).
    Last edited by _king_; 08-10-2012 at 02:41.

Premium Member

Beta testers needed!

Seeing how my S8500 brick seems to be quite the hard case (meaning: this will take some more time), I decided to try something new.

Development of my new LiteRemix XXLG1 and China LiteRemix ZCLC2 is already pretty far, but I can't test because I don't have the hardware around to test. That's where you come in: I need people willing to test the beta. As a bonus you'll get new features that no one else has tried before.

You need to be aware that:
    • There might be unexpected problems booting. Flashing is no more dangerous than with stable FWs, though, because you can always go back by flashing somethign else.
    • There might be UI display errors.
    • Both errors are highly unlikely.

If you're interested, send me a PM and include the CSC and language you need. You may not post my beta CFW anywhere and you may also not base other CFWs on it (as long as it is in beta). Posting screenshots is ok and encouraged anywhere. You also need to sent me bug reports if anything comes up and there's some specific stuff to try (don't worry, it's not much work).
    Last edited by _king_; 09-10-2012 at 21:44.