Thread: i9300 T mobile UK Rom update

i9300 T mobile UK Rom update

Hi

Hoping someone can help me. I have a samsung s3 with t mobile uk and like many we are still on v4.0.4. Last week I flashed the ROM to 4.1.2 (i9300bvlh1) but since had problems making and receiving calls so I'm going back to the official TMU build 4.0.4 to see if this resolves. I notice O2 now have released build 4.1.2, can I use that ROM, what problems might that give me ?

You must unlock your phone if flashing non T mobile firmware.

Thanks for the response. I've already unlocked the phone via GalaxySim unlock. So if I flash to O2 ROM do you think this would be ok ? When T Mobile releases Jelly Beans that I can revert back to them.

It will be okay, but why flash a network firmware with its O2 widgets.
    Instead, you should install an 'open firmware' and have a cleaner, faster phone.
    Open firmware will connect to any network.

I'm with T-mobile in the UK aswell. :/
    So does simply unlocking your phone with a subsidy code mean you can download software released officially by samsung? because when i've called customer service they said they "didn't know"!! The official 4.1.2 update has been released in the UK so just wanted to know if unlocking my phone means i can download it?? THANKS!!

TMobile customer service!! What a joke.
    If you unlock your I9300 by whatever means (but check it is locked first by installing Valhalla in the link following) then you can install any I9300 firmware. Go to FIRMWARE at top of Sammobile page.
    In Search put 9300 and you will get a list of firmware to install.
    The UK 4.1.2 is very good (I'm using it) and gives good battery life and is smooth & quick http://www.donaldmackinnon.com/2012/...msung.html?m=1