Page 3 of 29 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: China LiteRemix ZCLC2 based on Hero355's/Nexus's work (Old thread)

Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bart1410 [ Login above or register to see download links. ]
    Question, when I decide to flash the original Boot files and Fota file, do I have data loss?
    Im afraid so.
    Nope, no data loss. Proceed as following (you need to flash twice):
    • First Flash: Only Boot Files, tick 'Boot Change'.
    • Second Flash: FOTA & RC2, tick nothing.

If you want screenshots, download my [ Login above or register to see download links. ]. It is only 2MB.

After un-install of IM, still having low App Free memory after a few hours.
    Decided to take the chance to 'return' to the original Boot Files and Fota file of ZCLC2.
    After flash and reboot (reboot seems a little faster now), all still the same, no data loss at all.
    Music Hub and Caster are still on my phone.
    Further, no widgets downloaded or installed, so quite a basic install.
    Let's see how App Free memory is doing after 1 day.

B.R.

Premium Member

Alternative Boot Logos

If you should be unhappy with the new boot logo, you may use these alternative RSRC2 files to change it:
    • [ Login above or register to see download links. ]

Flash without data loss, don't tick any options in Multiloader. I like the alternative BadaDroid logo better than the standard one.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails surfer.jpg   wavelogobyaskor.jpg  

Quote Originally Posted by Bart1410 [ Login above or register to see download links. ]
    After un-install of IM, still having low App Free memory after a few hours.
    Decided to take the chance to 'return' to the original Boot Files and Fota file of ZCLC2.
    After flash and reboot (reboot seems a little faster now), all still the same, no data loss at all.
    Music Hub and Caster are still on my phone.
    Further, no widgets downloaded or installed, so quite a basic install.
    Let's see how App Free memory is doing after 1 day.

B.R.
    Grateful you keep us posted on this as I too have low App free memory below 70 at times.
    I don't play games and have little installed and not big user and would not have picked it up until you mentioned it :-)

I notice in this FW almost all apps remain open in task manager some with green dot and I assumed closing all open apps would
    restore memory fully but only reboot does this.
    Thanks

Just noticed Chaton took App Free from 74 down to 53 ...... What a Hog that is !!
    Last edited by andronomad; 07-08-2012 at 20:22.

Quote Originally Posted by _king_ [ Login above or register to see download links. ]
    If you should be unhappy with the new boot logo, you may use these alternative RSRC2 files to change it:

Flash without data loss, don't tick any options in Multiloader. I like the alternative BadaDroid logo better than the standard one.
    I agree with you, these are nice. I liked it in your CFW. But since I don't use the Android, the BadaDroid seems 'misplaced'.
    Any similar logo without Badadroid . . . . ?

B.R.

App Free Memory

App Free memory after more than 1 day of use after going back to original Boot files and original Fota file of ZCLC2.
    Also IM removed. The rest un-touched.

Now, about App Free memory: seems a little improved.
    Still in the low 70's MB, but not below 70MB as seen before, yet still a bit worse than seen with Hero355's ZCLC2. But this _king_ ULR ZCLC2 CFW has a few more standard Apps installed in the CFW.
    Phone wasn't used very intensively, therefor I waited a little longer than 1 day.
    I used Text messaging, Chat-On, made a few Phone calls, Camera, Photo viewing, Music.
    So, it seems to have improved a little over the original ULR ZCLC2 CFW.
    App Free memory seems to be constant now at some 72 ~75 MB, it didn't go below 70 MB

I'm happy with this ULR ZCLC2 CFW, it's smooth and fast, and I like the high quality S3 sounds and ringtones. Will keep this version until some better Chinese version comes up.

Thanks!

B.R.

[ Login above or register to see download links. ] [ Login above or register to see download links. ] [ Login above or register to see download links. ] [ Login above or register to see download links. ] [ Login above or register to see download links. ] [ Login above or register to see download links. ] [ Login above or register to see download links. ] [ Login above or register to see download links. ]

Screen captures range from 6 August evening until 8 August morning.

As can be seen from 3 last pictures, App Free memory 'stabilizes': 72 -> 74 -> 72 MB.
    Now, a few hours later, I noticed similar: 74 -> 71 -> 73 -> 72 MB.

This is what I also noticed in Hero355's ZCLC2 CFW, not going lower than a certain value, a kind of threshold.
    Last edited by Bart1410; 08-08-2012 at 09:55. Reason: Updates

hi,
    thx bart for that...
    me i can fall to 40mb zclc2 cfw hero.
    but i used boot and fota to boot with ics 4.0.4.
    but it s the fastest and smoothest than other.
    bye
    steph

Premium Member
    I agree with you, these are nice. I liked it in your CFW. But since I don't use the Android, the BadaDroid seems 'misplaced'.
    Any similar logo without Badadroid . . . . ?

B.R.
    Something like [ Login above or register to see download links. ](also see attached image)? Could still use some work, but getting there.

App Free memory after more than 1 day of use after going back to original Boot files and original Fota file of ZCLC2.
    Also IM removed. The rest un-touched.

Now, about App Free memory: seems a little improved.
    Still in the low 70's MB, but not below 70MB as seen before, yet still a bit worse than seen with Hero355's ZCLC2. But this _king_ ULR ZCLC2 CFW has a few more standard Apps installed in the CFW.
    Phone wasn't used very intensively, therefor I waited a little longer than 1 day.
    I used Text messaging, Chat-On, made a few Phone calls, Camera, Photo viewing, Music.
    So, it seems to have improved a little over the original ULR ZCLC2 CFW.
    App Free memory seems to be constant now at some 72 ~75 MB, it didn't go below 70 MB

I'm happy with this ULR ZCLC2 CFW, it's smooth and fast, and I like the high quality S3 sounds and ringtones. Will keep this version until some better Chinese version comes up.

Thanks!

B.R.
    Big thanks to you for all your work on this! I can (for now) only assume that this is due to the little bit more of app mem free due to Caster and Music Hub installed, duh... But the difference is very little, right? More app mem free would be possible, btw, but at the cost of sacrificing Samsung apps.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails literemix_bootlogo.jpg  

hi king,
    the problem is not the free memory space but the capacity of cfw to release memory used by apps.
    bye
    steph

Last edited by greg.stephen; 08-08-2012 at 21:59.

Have today followed Bart1410 in changing the Boot and Foto + RC2 files back to original and can confirm my experience before and
    after has more or less mirrored Bart's postings.

The differences above however are indeed relatively minor in what is overall an excellent CFW and I shall be sticking with this going forward.
    Thought Greg.stephen's comment hits the spot exactly.
    Thanks