Page 2 of 29 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: China LiteRemix ZCLC2 based on Hero355's/Nexus's work (Old thread)

Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by laplacetransform View Post
    Just a feedback. On Settings --> Accounts

Initially you'll have a page with a header "Add Account" with blank boxes. By trial and error, I managed to add a facebook account but in the facebook account settings, the switches are present but the labels are not appearing (Applemint, medium).

Now, after that Settings --> Accounts -->add account would show the same thing again (blank areas).

Any way to fix this? I want to stick to your CFW because it is that fast!
    That is a known issue with this CFW, which already Hero355's Fully Lite ZCLC2 had. I hope that we will be able to fix it someday. Still, all accounts work. It's just a little bit more troublesome to add them and set them up. Sorry about the inconvenience.

Quote Originally Posted by monchester View Post
    Thank you for this firmware. It is realy nice, fast and useful firmware. I have a question, is it possible to run or add chaton to this firmware? I can't use this program, because it ask to define network settings.
    Chaton should be available from the Market. About network settings: You need to make sure that you're using the right CSC configuration for your region.

Installed this ULR ZCLC2 yesterday, working like a charm.
    Smooth and very responsive.
    I have to mention, had Hero355's ZCLC2 Lite version before on my Wave-I, and that one was very fine too.
    Not much difference, but I stick to this Remix version :-)
    Both ZCLC2 Lite versions very recommended if you like the Chinese firmware version with some interesting options the other FW's don't have.
    B.R.

p.s. any possibility to switch between radians and degrees in the calculator?
    I guess not, but ask anyway . .

Another request, had this asked before to Lasentenza I believe for his ZCLB4 CFW (where's he by the way?).
    Since the camera button is idle, it's not used to unlock the Wave like the Call and End key do,
    is it possible to assign this camera button to activate the camera while phone is locked, doing a long key press? Like the Sony Xperia phones do. This would be a very welcome feature.
    This saves some time when wanting to take a photograph and phone is locked.
    Last edited by Bart1410; 04-08-2012 at 19:19.

Hi,

RAM usage - is it worse than Hero355's version . . . . ?
    Can't remember Hero355's Lite ZCLC2 came that low, but also can't believe this Ultra Lite Remix from _king_ is different/worse than Hero355's Lite ZCLC2 . . . why should it?
    I'll monitor this a few more days.

B.R.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	BadaSi_01.jpg 
Views:	72 
Size:	35.5 KB 
ID:	3087 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	BadaSi_02.jpg 
Views:	59 
Size:	35.6 KB 
ID:	3088 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	BadaSi_03.jpg 
Views:	59 
Size:	35.6 KB 
ID:	3089 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	BadaSi_04.jpg 
Views:	56 
Size:	35.9 KB 
ID:	3090 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	BadaSi_05.jpg 
Views:	51 
Size:	35.4 KB 
ID:	3091 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	About_Phone.jpg 
Views:	53 
Size:	44.0 KB 
ID:	3092

Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bart1410 View Post
    Hi,

RAM usage - is it worse than Hero355's version . . . . ?
    Can't remember Hero355's Lite ZCLC2 came that low, but also can't believe this Ultra Lite Remix from _king_ is different/worse than Hero355's Lite ZCLC2 . . . why should it?
    I'll monitor this a few more days.

B.R.
    I'm just guessing, but maybe it has something to do with installed IM app (which also has Push functionality)? You may try uninstalling it, then see about RAM again.

The only other reason that comes to my mind would be the Android compatibility, coming from different FOTA and Boot Loader, but that's almost impossible.

Premium Member
    p.s. any possibility to switch between radians and degrees in the calculator?
    I guess not, but ask anyway . .

Another request, had this asked before to Lasentenza I believe for his ZCLB4 CFW (where's he by the way?).
    Since the camera button is idle, it's not used to unlock the Wave like the Call and End key do,
    is it possible to assign this camera button to activate the camera while phone is locked, doing a long key press? Like the Sony Xperia phones do. This would be a very welcome feature.
    This saves some time when wanting to take a photograph and phone is locked.
    Switching between radians and degrees is not possible afaik, Samsung should have implemented it. Also, the functionality of the camera key cannot really be changed.

Hi All
    First thanks to Bart1410 for his earlier post giving me the courage to try my first Chinese based firmware installed last night.... I am in UK.
    Many thanks to King of course for making it all possible.
    I have just changed from the base Lite remix XXLD2 -V3 which I have been using for last 6 weeks and recently I tried LG1 patch all of which have proved very good for me except of course the slight lag that seems to go with most FW.

The Ultra Lite ZCLC2 is running very well for me but did have to manually install all info as Kies restore seemed to fail on all counts maybe I should have just picked few items at a time...... anyhow after an hour got my E-mails/facebook/Twitter running ok as well as Chaton and indeed my Route 66 navigation which is a bonus.The initial GPS lock took a while but no difference from other FW.
    It is early days and i find that longer you leave the firmware to settle the better it seems to get including battery.

Finally I am currently using my Laptop to type this .... do you guys use an APP on yr Wave to post on forum ?

Thanks to all you experts I find myself logging in here every day LOL
    Last edited by andronomad; 05-08-2012 at 10:59.

@ andronomad:
    Great! I could restore almost all using Kies, but it refused to restore all my text messages. It didn't restore the most recent. Tried 3 times, but no luck. The rest was okay.
    Good luck with this ZCLC2 CFW
    B.R.
    Last edited by Bart1410; 05-08-2012 at 21:21.

Quote Originally Posted by _king_ View Post
    I'm just guessing, but maybe it has something to do with installed IM app (which also has Push functionality)? You may try uninstalling it, then see about RAM again.

The only other reason that comes to my mind would be the Android compatibility, coming from different FOTA and Boot Loader, but that's almost impossible.
    Thanks, I'll try using Hero355's Boot Loader and Fota files.

Meanwhile, I continued using the phone, and saw App Free RAM sanking to 60 MB during the day.
    A few screen captures:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20120805152351.jpg 
Views:	12 
ID:	3111 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20120805205839.jpg 
Views:	11 
ID:	3112 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20120805211652.jpg 
Views:	10 
ID:	3113 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20120805211844.jpg 
ID:	3114 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20120805213234.jpg 
ID:	3115 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20120805213432.jpg 
ID:	3116 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20120805214158.jpg 
Views:	11 
ID:	3117

B.R.

P.S.
    I just checked my older posts:
    Hero355's ZCLC2 on my Wave, having about the same Apps as using today, came never below 79MB App Free, after intensive use that is . . . . !

I'll try un-installing IM now, and see what happens.
    Keep you informed.
    Last edited by Bart1410; 05-08-2012 at 21:42. Reason: Update

Premium Member
    @ andronomad:
    Great! I could restore almost all using Kies, but it refused to restore all my text messages. It didn't restore the most recent. Tried 3 times, but no luck. The rest was okay.
    Good luck with this ZCLC2 CFW
    B.R.
    I also had massive trouble restoring text messages on all recent CFWs. This may possibly be a problem of the newest version of Kies rather than one with the CFWs itselves. Just guessing.

Thanks, I'll try using Hero355's Boot Loader and Fota files.

Meanwhile, I continued using the phone, and saw App Free RAM sanking to 60 MB during the day.
    B.R.

P.S.
    I just checked my older posts:
    Hero355's ZCLC2 on my Wave, having about the same Apps as using today, came never below 79MB App Free, after intensive use that is . . . . !

I'll try un-installing IM now, and see what happens.
    Keep you informed.
    My best guess is that IM is causing the problem. Maybe Caster and Music Hub, too, but I wouldn't expect it. Other than that I'm completely clueless now. Thanks for your help!

Quote Originally Posted by _king_ View Post
    My best guess is that IM is causing the problem. Maybe Caster and Music Hub, too, but I wouldn't expect it. Other than that I'm completely clueless now. Thanks for your help!
    Thanks!
    I un-installed IM, didnīt use it anyway, but App Free RAM is again already in the low 70MB range. Constantly dropping.
    I could try to un-install Caster and Music Hub, but Caster is used by me. So am doubting right now.

Question, when I decide to flash the original Boot files and Fota file, do I have data loss?
    Iīm afraid so.

B.R.