Page 1 of 15 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: LiteRemix based on Nexus / Hero355 XXLD2 (UPDATE 07/17/12: Choose your base FW)

Premium Member

LiteRemix based on Nexus / Hero355 XXLD2 (UPDATE 07/17/12: Choose your base FW)

"Good artists copy, great artists steal."
    Pablo Picasso (1881-1973)

Download LITE REMIX XXLD2 v3 by _KING_ from Hotfile.com.
    Everything you need is included in the archive. You may still download the older versions v1 and v2.
    Big thanks to Nexus and Hero355 for their great work that this is based on!

Choose your own base FW:
    Using these patches you may change the base FW (standard: XXLD2) for this. You won't lose any data flashing them and you can always go back.

ANLD1, BOLE1 and XELF1 patches are still in pre-beta stage and can be downloaded from here. Archive also contains XXLD2 patch for going back to standard.

I proudly present you my first own CFW, a Frankensteinian creation based on Nexus' and Hero355s work with some modifications of my own. This contains parts from Nexus' XXLD2, Hero355s Turko CFW v5 and Hero355s Fully Lite CZLC2. I included only what I deemed the best features from both worlds. Bootfolder, amss.bin and apps_compressed from Turko CFW v5 were included without any change.

I paid special attention that no unneccesary files make it in this FW. The goal of this CFW is to be lite and easy on RAM, so that even HD Games like Tintin work good on it, while still keeping functionality. It is also intended as a solid base for other CFW projects of your own.

New features in LiteRemix XXLD2 v3:
    • Caster and Music Hub (both uninstallable) included
    • AllShare included
    • Fixed translation typo in IM
    • Optional asian symbol support - just select Applemint (fat) font (not for Dolfin)
    • Facebook J2ME updated for DBT
    • Removed BlueFTP from main menu (icon leads to trouble with other FW cores) for DBT
    • Various further reductions and memory savings
    • Various minor fixes - search restart bug should be gone for good, too

New features in LiteRemix XXLD2 v2:
    • Added input and display languages
    • Added SevenIM (uninstallable)
    • Even more app memory free: ~864MB without SevenIM
    • RAM saving due to smaller font files
    • Remastered S3 startup sound
    • All notification sounds and default ringtone replaced by high quality S3 alternatives
    • New wallpaper and lock screen image
    • Fixed the search-restart bug
    • Includes Psycoys browser mod for Dolfin.
    • Removed Choco Cookie, Rosemary, S3 Theme (sorry, too big files)

Complete list of features in LiteRemix XXLD2 v3:
    • Compatible with Android 2.2 Froyo (untested by me). Get the files and instructions from here. Made possible by Hero355s bootfiles.
    • You may use Hero355s alternate apps_compressed files for access to Wave 3/M/578 appstores. Modified apps_compressed not included, get them from the Turko CFW v5 archive.
    • Includes Hero355s improved FM radio. Listen to music without headphones plugged!
    • Alarm doesn't stop after one minute.
    • Wave 3 lockscreen from Nexus' XXLD2. Caller screen with touch controls.
    • Remastered S3 startup sound
    • All notification sounds replaced by high quality S3 alternatives
    • J2ME apps Opera Mini 7.0 and Google Maps (GUI Mod) included on main menu.
    • Applemint font is included and set as default.
    • Drastically reduced fonts (original is ~18MB, here it is ~2MB). Asian symbols supported via special Applemint variant.
    • Social Hub Premium activated.
    • Homescreen and main menu rearranged to favor most used apps.
    • PDF, widgets, gadgets removed from Bada 1.2 storage by Hero355.
    • All but needed ringtones and alert tones removed.
    • Removed all Widgets.
    • Removed duplicate apps in SHPAPP.
    • Removed Polaris, YouTube and Google.
    • You have 864MB of 880MB app memory free with optional apps uninstalled.
    • Several configuration tweaks by Nexus and Hero355.

I included five different CSC files in this CFW:

CSC_S8500_Multi_A_King_LF5.csc:
    • Languages: English, German, French, Italian, Spanish, Dutch, Polish, Portuguese, Turkish, Irish
    • CSCs: XEO, TUR, MET, KOR, ITV, DBT, XTC

CSC_S8500_Multi_B_King_LF5.csc:
    • Languages: English, Slovenian, Croatian, Romanian, Bulgarian, Macedonian, Serbian, Russian, Estonian, Latvian
    • CSCs: BHT, CMF, GBL, HAT, KOR, MBM, MOT, MTL, SER, SMO, TMT, TRA, VVT

CSC_S8500_Multi_C_King_LF5.csc:
    • Languages: English, German, French, Italian, Dutch, Spanish, Greek, Portuguese, Swedish, Turkish, Hungarian, Croatian, Czech, Bulgarian, Romanian, Serbian, Slovenian, Irish
    • CSCs: DBT, IRD, ITV, KOR, ORS, XEF, XEH, XEU, XEZ, XFA, XFC, XFE, ATO, AUT, MET, MOZ, ORC, PHB, PRO, VDC, VDH, VGF , XEB , TUR, FOP CYO, EUR, THL, INU, HAT

CSC_S8500_Multi_D_King_LF5.csc:
    • Languages: German, English, French, Dutch, Swedish, Danish, Finnish, Norwegian, Icelandic
    • CSCs: XEE, XEN, TDC, TEN, TLA, TNO, VDS, NEE, ODK, KOR

CSC_S8500_German_DBT_King_LF6.csc
    • Only english and german languages included (saves RAM).
    • Only DBT included.
    • Additional Java Apps in main menu: Facebook, Song ID and DB Navigator.

IM, Caster and Music Hub are completely uninstallable - remove them for max memory free. AllShare doesn't cost you memory (only the link was previously removed). Google Maps and Opera Mini combined use only ~1MB of app memory. The differences in memory between a dual-language CSC (f.e. german and english in LF6) and a multi language CSC are actually very little - just use the CSC file fitting for your language and country.

BTW: I don't mind if you 'steal' from this one. In fact, I'd rather be flattered.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 20120605131558.jpg   20120609212411.jpg   20120609212417.jpg   20120609212421.jpg   20120605131746.jpg  

20120605134242.jpg   20120605131841.jpg   20120605131804.jpg   20120605230323.jpg   20120605134344.jpg  

20120523175522.jpg   20120523174943.jpg   20120605230306.jpg   20120605231850.jpg  
    Last edited by _king_; 05-08-2012 at 14:29.

Itīs a sort of CCFW

B.R.

Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bart1410 View Post
    Itīs a sort of CCFW

B.R.
    Where's the like button at?

Thanks for the firmware... It would be great if you could include INU (India) CSC in this.

very very nice work!!! i hope you put in your modified google maps? (the one with the bigger symbols). i will flash it asap.
    especially the german csc is great.

Edit: yes it is your modified version didn't see the pictures...
    Last edited by Artanan; 05-06-2012 at 17:11.

Fast keyboard?

Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by wffarrel View Post
    Fast keyboard?
    Not the white one, but tested and on par with the keyboard in Turko CFW v5 XXLD2. I think this is as good as the white one, although others should judge. Porting the white one is not possible.

Is it ok if I use the CSC file used in "Hero355s Turko CFW v5" which has "INU". What difference will it make if I do that??

Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by mvaidy View Post
    Is it ok if I use the CSC file used in "Hero355s Turko CFW v5" which has "INU". What difference will it make if I do that??
    Just a moment, I'm already uploading a new version with INU CSC included. If you flash another CSC, you'll basically have a very different CFW.

EDIT: ... and here we go:
    LINK REMOVED

This is the CSC file only. It contains basically everything that the other one doesn't. I'll also update the first post and reupload the archive.

EDIT2: Don't use this one. It's buggy .
    Last edited by _king_; 05-06-2012 at 21:13.

Thanks _king_, appreciate it.

Quote Originally Posted by _king_ View Post
    Just a moment, I'm already uploading a new version with INU CSC included. If you flash another CSC, you'll basically have a very different CFW.

EDIT: ... and here we go:
    LINK REMOVED

This is the CSC file only. It contains basically everything that the other one doesn't. I'll also update the first post and reupload the archive.
    Last edited by _king_; 05-06-2012 at 21:13.