Thread: Official ROM not supported by KIES?

Official ROM not supported by KIES?

Hi all,

I flashed the official German 4.1.2 (DBT) firmware to my I8190 (originally 4.1.1 DTM). Everythig works fine with the phone. Now KIES states that the version was MA1 MA1 MA1 KOR and no updates were supported. Why is that? Is this official firmware not supposed to be updateable? Is the CSC wrong for now so that KIES does not support updates?

Thanks for your help in advance.

Cheers,

tedstryker

Quote Originally Posted by tedstryker View Post
    Hi all,

I flashed the official German 4.1.2 (DBT) firmware to my I8190 (originally 4.1.1 DTM). Everythig works fine with the phone. Now KIES states that the version was MA1 MA1 MA1 KOR and no updates were supported. Why is that? Is this official firmware not supposed to be updateable? Is the CSC wrong for now so that KIES does not support updates?

Thanks for your help in advance.

Cheers,

tedstryker
    Most firmware has multi country support or CSC. To set the csc for your country try a Factory reset or CSC changer from the Play Store.
    However, my advice would be to update with Odin, therefore having the correct Sales Code (CSC) is not that important.

Thank you for your reply.
    I tried a soft reset with no effect. I looked for ways to hard reset the I8190 but only found comments that the phone does not support it. Is there a way to hard reset (recovery mode)?
    I am ok with flashing with Odin, I just like the idea to also be KIES compatible.
    As far as I found out, CSC changer require rooting this model. I guess I have to educate myself in this respect. Had a Windows phone before...

To access recovery mode, you need to install some files.
    See here :
    http://www.gsm-extreme.net/samsung-a...470-post26542/

I did the wipe with no effect. It still says KOR in KIES. I also tried flashing the firmware as CSC without success. However, I am fine with updating via Odin. I am just curious why this did not work.

samsung kies dont support official firmaware from this page?

I put the official samsung firmware by Odin, download from this page. And happen the same thing. The samsung Kies do no update mi advice. I cant find the solution. Mi CSC is PSN from Argentina, and is fine

Quote Originally Posted by agusmel View Post
    I put the official samsung firmware by Odin, download from this page. And happen the same thing. The samsung Kies do no update mi advice. I cant find the solution. Mi CSC is PSN from Argentina, and is fine
    On your phone you have 2 geographic CSC codes.
    One is given to the phone for the country or network it is sold in. This is the Product Code.
    You can check this by installing Check FUS from the Play Store.
    The second code is the firmware CSC. You can see this by dialling *#1234#

For Kies to update these two codes have to be for the same country or network.

Excuse me, greenman How I can do to put the two geographic codes to be the same?

Quote Originally Posted by agusmel View Post
    Excuse me, greenman How I can do to put the two geographic codes to be the same?
    First of all find out what your codes are.

It is then easier to change the firmware to match the Product Code.

Remember, your phone will work perfectly well if the CSC codes do not match.
    The only problem is that Kies will not give you updates, but if you use Odin this gets around the problem.
    Last edited by greenman; 10-05-2013 at 09:22.

thanks greenman. I gonna try to change the firmware first. Actually I have the umbranded rom for Argentina (ARO), but when I connect the phone to pc in KIES show me this: PDA: MB1/ PHONE: MB1/ CSC: MB2 (PSN).
    PSN is the CSC of my phone company named Personal. Do you think that maybe changing for the official samsung firmware for Personal (PSN) can I recover my updates by the Kies?