Thread: SM-N960U Rom Replacement question.

SM-N960U Rom Replacement question.

ok so I have a Samsung Galaxy Note 9 SM-N960U 128GB version from AT&T, where I live gets crud signal. Verizon has recently moved into the area and gets excellent signal here.

I have switched. I got the unlock code from AT&T and the phone is network unlocked, however I have issues, when at home I don't get any signal bars and can't make a call. however text and data work perfectly, (note: my wife's phone which is a S21 5G works perfectly (Verizon phone)) I don't have the resources at this time to afford a new phone, so I was thinking if I could get a VZW rom, would that be a good path to take. as then all the ATT stuff would be gone and all would be Verizon. #*#4636#*# shows when the phone is working properly that the voice network type is 1xRTT and when it isn't working it shows Emergency calls only VNT unknown, LTE data works perfect.

Technical Stats

One UI version: 2.5

Android Version: 10

Baseband version: N960USQS9FUG2

Kernel version: 4.9.186-21635681 #1 Thu Jul 22 11:10:04 KST 2021

Build Number: QP1A.190711.020.N960USQS9FUG2

I am comfortable in replacing the rom if needed, if there is a fix (APN adjustments ect) I am willing to try it. oddly when outdoors I actually get a signal. and at times indoors I get a signal. 5 bars. but it's occasionally.

the rom I have selected to download is ( https://www.sammobile.com/samsung/ga...8FUC2/1512542/ I won't be installing it until I get feedback.

Edit1: i have noticed when in a call my data goes off, and turns back on as soon as the call is done.
    Last edited by djspctechsupport; 26-10-2021 at 00:14.

I have been facing the same issue.

Regards

Boruto

So do you think replacing the ROM with a Verizon version will fix it?