Thread: Note 20 Ultra; trying to remove Verizon loading animation & bloat. Correct firmware?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Question Note 20 Ultra; trying to remove Verizon loading animation & bloat. Correct firmware?

Hello,

I just got an unlocked Note 20 Ultra that was originally on Verizon. I want to get rid of all the Verizon Bloatware, plus the "Hello" loading animation that appears when you turn the phone on, right after the Samsung logo.

I already tried downloading and flashing the following firmware: N986USQU2DUDC_N986UOYN2DUDC_USC.zip

This flashed correctly, but did not get rid of the loading screen, nor any of the bloatware. When the phone rebooted and went into setup, it still prompted me to allow Verizon to collect information, et cetera.

I am having a hard time figuring out which firmware to download and flash. I live in rural Montana and have a 200gb/month data cap, so I cannot keep downloading 6.4gb firmware files only to figure out I downloaded the wrong one.

Can someone help me out with the right firmware file to download?

Thanks in advance.
    Zach Nicodemous

Hi, i'm interested in performing the same. Did you wind up figuring this out?

I had a Google Pixel 4 and now own a Note 20 Ultra. Is there a simple way to uninstall bloatware without root access? I have also added a couple of custom email services and custom writing company apps on my Samsung. They keep showing their animations (popping up) all the time, when I turn on the phone.

Samsung telephones and galaxy tabs include lots of preinstalled apps lots of which are useless to the give up-consumer. Such apps are known as bloatware and because they are installed as A LEVEL ACCOUNTS system apps, the uninstall choice for them remains unavailable. Below is a large listing of samsung bloatware that is secure to take away.