Thread: Installing different PDA on galaxy devices

Installing different PDA on galaxy devices

Hello everyone,
    Hope you are safe during the pandemic.

I live in Jordan and my galaxy A71 4G has the ATK1 PDA, i still don't know when the one ui 3 update is coming to the devices here in Jordan especially since it is a relatively small market compared to other countries.

I want to download a firmware from a different PDA, Germany or UAE for example, but I am worried that it might brick the phone.

So my questions are, is it safe to change the PDA? And what would differ between the various PDAs? And the last question is do I need Odin to flash it or is there a way to do it through the same phone?

Thank you everyone in advance and sorry for the long post.

Stay safe everyone
    Last edited by Abozghoul; 26-03-2021 at 21:06.

Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Abozghoul View Post
    Hello everyone,
    Hope you are safe during the pandemic.

I live in Jordan and my galaxy A71 4G has the ATK1 PDA, i still don't know when the one ui 3 update is coming to the devices here in Jordan especially since it is a relatively small market compared to other countries.

I want to download a firmware from a different PDA, Germany or UAE for example, but I am worried that it might brick the phone.

So my questions are, is it safe to change the PDA? And what would differ between the various PDAs? And the last question is do I need Odin to flash it or is there a way to do it through the same phone?

Thank you everyone in advance and sorry for the long post.

Stay safe everyone
    Hi there

Could you go to Software Info on your device, screenshot it from top to bottom and post it here?

You can't install every firmware to your device

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot_20210327-115625_Settings.jpg 
Views:	7 
Size:	279.8 KB 
ID:	16989

Hello, here is the the whole screen. what are we looking for exactly? can you explain what you said please?

Premium Member
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot_20210327-115625_Settings.jpg 
Views:	7 
Size:	279.8 KB 
ID:	16989

Hello, here is the the whole screen. what are we looking for exactly? can you explain what you said please?
    1. Download SmartSwitch for PC (NOT to be used, just for the correct drivers): https://www.sammobile.com/samsung-smart-switch/
    2. Download Odin 3.14.x: https://dl2018.sammobile.com/Odin3-v3.14.4.zip
    3. Download latest firmware for Multi-CSC OJM: https://www.sammobile.com/samsung/ga...3BUB5/1496188/

How to flash firmware to your phone:

1. Extract (un-rar) the firmware file (i.e. to folder c:\Odin) ***
    2. Download Odin v3.14.4
    3. Extract Odin ZIP file (i.e. to folder c:\Odin)
    4. Open Odin v3.14.4
    5. Power OFF your A71
    6. Reboot Phone in Download Mode: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IMHgxMn8tlE
    7. Wait until you get a blue sign in Odin
    8. Add the firmware files to their designated slots (AP in AP, BL in BL, CP in CP, HOME_CSC in CSC). USERDATA stays EMPTY!
    9. Make sure re-partition is NOT ticked
    10. Click the start button, sit back and wait few minutes

Note: use USB-A -> USB-C cable

Use SamMobile only if you are 100% sure about the risks involved in flashing your device. SamMobile is not responsible for any damage caused by using the files on this website.

One last question, does this void the warranty? Or if something goes wrong, is it fixable?

Premium Member
    One last question, does this void the warranty? Or if something goes wrong, is it fixable?
    As this is official firmware, it doesn't void the warranty...

If you follow the instructions, nothing can go wrong (choice is yours however). You could wait till the update is released in your country.

Thank you for the help. I think I will do it, better than waiting anyway����

Thank you for the help. I think I will do it, better than waiting anyway😅🤣