Thread: How long should it take to wipe a NAND during flash?

How long should it take to wipe a NAND during flash?

Just started using the NAND erase and Re-partition options with a .pit file.

The NAND erasing itself seems to happen instantaneously which makes me wonder if its happening at all.

Should erasing the NAND happen instantly like a Quick Format in Windows or should there be some sort of progress indicator?
    I just get a quick message about a SECTOR??, searching for the pit file and then it starts writing.

This is with a Note 9 SM-N960U1 btw.

Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by xxorr View Post
    Just started using the NAND erase and Re-partition options with a .pit file.

The NAND erasing itself seems to happen instantaneously which makes me wonder if its happening at all.

Should erasing the NAND happen instantly like a Quick Format in Windows or should there be some sort of progress indicator?
    I just get a quick message about a SECTOR??, searching for the pit file and then it starts writing.

This is with a Note 9 SM-N960U1 btw.
    Hi there

Why are you performing this?

Is there a reason I could/would give which would change or alter your response? Do you know the answer to my question?

Its always annoying to answer a question with another question BTW (Why I sound a 'bit' irrate) unless you need clarification which my question
    doesn't seem to warrant (I think).
    Last edited by xxorr; 24-03-2021 at 17:46. Reason: Heavy snarkiness amended with a light spinkling of the same.

Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by xxorr View Post
    Is there a reason I could/would give which would change or alter your response? Do you know the answer to my question?

Its always annoying to answer a question with another question BTW (Why I sound a 'bit' irrate) unless you need clarification which my question
    doesn't seem to warrant (I think).
    I just want to know why you are doing this: was your phone ROOTed, Custom ROM, TWRP ?

Normally you don't have tu do this when flashing firmware

Flash memories sometimes take longer than usual to reprogram. It is better to format with assignment help UK and also see a YouTube tutorial that might help you in this regard. I hope you find the solution as soon as possible.

Regards: Johnny Expert
    Co-Founder of Assignment Help UK Company