Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: S10+ Firmware for US Phone in Australia

S10+ Firmware for US Phone in Australia

Greetings,

I recently purchased S10+ US Version through Ebay. I am in Australia but was not able to find the Phone here , especially Snapdragon Processor hence purchased this one. It was Network Locked but I got the code from AT&T and unlocked it and now able to use it in Australia. However, I noticed that it is still running Android 9 and UI 1.1 which i very old I guess. Can someone pls suggest me if I can just download the latest Firmware and UI from here and upgrade my phone through KIEV or ODIN? Also, which version will be the correct version. However, the Baseband Verison G975USQU2ASF6 as per AT&T is still showing Android 9 so my question is if I can download Android 11 and latest UI for G975USQU4FTLN and use that? Or how can I upgrade it? Or I will need to wait? Please suggest. Thanks.

Regards,
    Akash

Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by AkashS04 View Post
    Greetings,

I recently purchased S10+ US Version through Ebay. I am in Australia but was not able to find the Phone here , especially Snapdragon Processor hence purchased this one. It was Network Locked but I got the code from AT&T and unlocked it and now able to use it in Australia. However, I noticed that it is still running Android 9 and UI 1.1 which i very old I guess. Can someone pls suggest me if I can just download the latest Firmware and UI from here and upgrade my phone through KIEV or ODIN? Also, which version will be the correct version. However, the Baseband Verison G975USQU2ASF6 as per AT&T is still showing Android 9 so my question is if I can download Android 11 and latest UI for G975USQU4FTLN and use that? Or how can I upgrade it? Or I will need to wait? Please suggest. Thanks.

Regards,
    Akash
    Hi there

Could you go to Software Info on your device, screenshot it from top to bottom and post it here?

Here it is: Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot_20210403-185734_Settings.jpg 
Views:	10 
Size:	269.3 KB 
ID:	17005
    Last edited by AkashS04; 06-04-2021 at 13:13.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot_20210403-185756_Settings.jpg 
Views:	3 
Size:	330.4 KB 
ID:	17007
    Last edited by AkashS04; 06-04-2021 at 13:16.

Attached screenshot above. Pls suggest.

Hi . Can you please suggest?

Anyone can pls suggest?

This site does not seem to be active at all. I do not see any Samsung's Management or Technical guy involved to answer the questions.

Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by AkashS04 View Post
    This site does not seem to be active at all. I do not see any Samsung's Management or Technical guy involved to answer the questions.
    Hi,

I'll try to explain in a simple way what i did for my S20+ US (i'm in france and no way to have firmware upgrade...).

Take a look in firmware section on sammobile with your model number SM-G975U and G975UOYN5GUBH.

then find an odin tutorial, it's very easy.

it worked fine for me.

You have an AT&T device.
    Updates for AT&T devices come from AT&T as a rule, whether the device is network locked or not.
    The odds are you are stuck with what you have until (IF) AT&T decides to release an update..
    Historically, they are not very good about it, since, after all, why update the firmware when you can more or less force march people into buying new hardware while you're at it ?
    Sorry to be the bearer of bad news, but I would personally prefer using juice cans and string to having an AT&T device.