Thread: To enable wifi calling feature on samsung galaxy S8

Angry To enable wifi calling feature on samsung galaxy S8

Currently using Airtel sim on samsung galaxy S8. I'm facing some network problem in my area so I can't able to make or receive a call due to this problem. So I decided to use wifi calling feature.Now I came to know that wifi calling feature is not available in that list which was published by Airtel. Then I contacted airtel regarding this issue. They said that my mobile phone doesn't support Wifi calling. Then I have searched wifi calling feature on my phone. Its available. The thing is I cant able to disable or enable it. (I have attached screenshot of it )

Then I just switched my primary sim to JIO for checking whether wifi calling is working or not. Happly it's working fine on JIO sim.

Jio is supporting wifi calling why not Airtel..Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot_20210226-090418_Settings.jpg 
Views:	4 
Size:	287.7 KB 
ID:	16944Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot_20210226-090420_Settings.jpg 
Views:	2 
Size:	347.4 KB 
ID:	16945?

Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by kanth0298 View Post
    Currently using Airtel sim on samsung galaxy S8. I'm facing some network problem in my area so I can't able to make or receive a call due to this problem. So I decided to use wifi calling feature.Now I came to know that wifi calling feature is not available in that list which was published by Airtel. Then I contacted airtel regarding this issue. They said that my mobile phone doesn't support Wifi calling. Then I have searched wifi calling feature on my phone. Its available. The thing is I cant able to disable or enable it. (I have attached screenshot of it )

Then I just switched my primary sim to JIO for checking whether wifi calling is working or not. Happly it's working fine on JIO sim.

Jio is supporting wifi calling why not Airtel..Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot_20210226-090418_Settings.jpg 
Views:	4 
Size:	287.7 KB 
ID:	16944Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot_20210226-090420_Settings.jpg 
Views:	2 
Size:	347.4 KB 
ID:	16945?
    Hi there

We don't know that, you'll have to ask your carrier

The phone CAN support it. You just need to enable it, and Airtel CLEARLY BELIEVES THEY WON'T MAKE ANY MONEY OFF YOU by supporting it. Before getting DRASTIC and replacing the build, or simply switching to Jio as a service provider (?), you might want to try some of the apps out on the Google Play Store that claim to be able to flip the firmware toggle to enable wi-fi calling.. No harm done if they don't work, just delete them. One of them worked fine on an older S6 of mine, but no guarantees for the S8. They are a hit or miss proposition at best. Good Luck.