Thread: non-latin characters TXT issues on Android

non-latin characters TXT issues on Android

Hi,
    I write in Hebrew and am trying to simply save and edit TXT files in my native language on my device (Galaxy A51, fully updated android 11).
    I tried all sorts of free editor apps from the google store, but every time I save a file and try to open it in another editor, or upload to the cloud and download again, it's displayed as gibberish.
    I also made sure to manually set the app for unicode 8 (in Turbo Editor for example), but this still happens.
    The only workaround I found for now is to use Microsoft office word for mobile, but it defaults to docx. And it's also not suitable for my uses.

May someone please advise how I may be able to simply create / edit /ddl/upload TXT files in Hebrew, similarly for example to Notepad++ for Windows?

Thanks in advance!

Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by asiniv View Post
    Hi,
    I write in Hebrew and am trying to simply save and edit TXT files in my native language on my device (Galaxy A51, fully updated android 11).
    I tried all sorts of free editor apps from the google store, but every time I save a file and try to open it in another editor, or upload to the cloud and download again, it's displayed as gibberish.
    I also made sure to manually set the app for unicode 8 (in Turbo Editor for example), but this still happens.
    The only workaround I found for now is to use Microsoft office word for mobile, but it defaults to docx. And it's also not suitable for my uses.

May someone please advise how I may be able to simply create / edit /ddl/upload TXT files in Hebrew, similarly for example to Notepad++ for Windows?

Thanks in advance!
    I hope, any of the readers have an answer for you...