Thread: Unlocked s10+ Wifi Calling, No VoLTE

Unlocked s10+ Wifi Calling, No VoLTE

I have an unlocked Galaxy S10+ running on ATT Model SM-G975U1. I have the option to turn on wifi calling, but it does not work. There is no option to enable VoLTE. I believe this is the problem. How can I get this option? ATT says I am provisioned. Can I flash ATT firmware on this or do something else?

Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by stevem0314 View Post
    I have an unlocked Galaxy S10+ running on ATT Model SM-G975U1. I have the option to turn on wifi calling, but it does not work. There is no option to enable VoLTE. I believe this is the problem. How can I get this option? ATT says I am provisioned. Can I flash ATT firmware on this or do something else?
    Hi there

Could you go to Software Info on your device, screenshot it from top to bottom and post it here?

Here it is. Thanks.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot_20210303-070630_Settings.jpg 
Views:	7 
Size:	359.3 KB 
ID:	16941

Premium Member
    Here it is. Thanks.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot_20210303-070630_Settings.jpg 
Views:	7 
Size:	359.3 KB 
ID:	16941
    Thanks

Your device product-code is SPR (Sprint), but it's configured correctly for ATT (AT&T)

Not sure exactly what that means... Does the product code have anything to do with not having VoLTE? Does it need to be ATT? I'm just trying to get wifi calling working. I also see IMS Registration not registered. THanks

Premium Member
    Not sure exactly what that means... Does the product code have anything to do with not having VoLTE? Does it need to be ATT? I'm just trying to get wifi calling working. I also see IMS Registration not registered. THanks
    No, it doesn't

Your device is configured correctly for AT&T, hence the first 2 CSC's in Software Serviceprovider

You should contact AT&T about this problem, your device is correctly configured

Thanks. I have contacted them several times. ATT support is worthless... Would an XAA be any better?
    Last edited by stevem0314; 04-03-2021 at 13:14.

Premium Member
    Thanks. I have contacted them several times. ATT support is worthless... Would an XAA be any better?
    You can't change your CSC to XAA

CSC is determined by your SIM-card

Since this is an unlocked phone, would it be possible to install the ATT branded firmware? Would this help with getting the ATT features like wifi calling?

I am thinking about going from SM-G975U1 to SM-G975U, thinking this may help. Although I do not see att listed on the firmware page for SM-G975U https://www.sammobile.com/samsung/ga...ware/#SM-G975U

Premium Member
    Since this is an unlocked phone, would it be possible to install the ATT branded firmware? Would this help with getting the ATT features like wifi calling?

I am thinking about going from SM-G975U1 to SM-G975U, thinking this may help. Although I do not see att listed on the firmware page for SM-G975U https://www.sammobile.com/samsung/ga...ware/#SM-G975U
    You can't flash -U- firmware to an -U1- device

We can't help you further, this has to be done by an AT&T service point -> your device is correctly configured