Thread: Firmware flashing consequences

Firmware flashing consequences

I have been asked to flash a Samsung Tab Active 2 but although I've done several phones before I've got a question about general flashing..

What, if anything, will this do to the ability to 'find' or trace the device after flashing?
    Actually, now i come to think of it, if the entire firmware is replaced does this render the device/phone completely cleaned?

It's a legitimate issue if you don't know the origin of the device.
    Second hand devices often have no provenance/proof of ownership.
    If i buy a galaxy 'x' from ebay and flash it and then resell it, i don't know the history of it.

Many thanks people

Anybody?
    65 views and not one comment/idea?

Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by mightbesherlock View Post
    I have been asked to flash a Samsung Tab Active 2 but although I've done several phones before I've got a question about general flashing..

What, if anything, will this do to the ability to 'find' or trace the device after flashing?
    Actually, now i come to think of it, if the entire firmware is replaced does this render the device/phone completely cleaned?

It's a legitimate issue if you don't know the origin of the device.
    Second hand devices often have no provenance/proof of ownership.
    If i buy a galaxy 'x' from ebay and flash it and then resell it, i don't know the history of it.

Many thanks people
    Hi there

I don't know an answer: that's why I didn't respond earlier

Indeed: you'll never know the origin of a device when it's i.e. second hand.