Thread: Change CSC from XSG to MID

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Question Change CSC from XSG to MID

Hello,
    Hope you all are doing well.

I have a Samsung A51 that came with the MID firmware. When android 11 came out for Russia, I have decided to flash it and I did. Few days later, I have flashed the UAE firmware. Now, If I wanted to flash the MID firmware back (once android 11 is out for it) and since the XSG and the MID are part of the same multi-csc, which is OJM, will my CSC change back to MID or does it stay as XSG until I flash another multi-csc and come back again for the MID?

Here is a screenshot of my A51:
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot_20210219-053617_Settings.jpg 
Views:	10 
Size:	117.9 KB 
ID:	16895

Just more thing, what does the XSG/XSG,XSG/MID actually mean?

Btw, my device is not rooted and I have erased everything every time I have flashed.

Thanks in Advance!

Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by thunderstorm2 View Post
    Hello,
    Hope you all are doing well.

I have a Samsung A51 that came with the MID firmware. When android 11 came out for Russia, I have decided to flash it and I did. Few days later, I have flashed the UAE firmware. Now, If I wanted to flash the MID firmware back (once android 11 is out for it) and since the XSG and the MID are part of the same multi-csc, which is OJM, will my CSC change back to MID or does it stay as XSG until I flash another multi-csc and come back again for the MID?

Here is a screenshot of my A51:

Name:	Screenshot_20210219-053617_Settings.jpg 
Size:	117.9 KB 
ID:	16895

Just more thing, what does the XSG/XSG,XSG/MID actually mean?

Btw, my device is not rooted and I have erased everything every time I have flashed.

Thanks in Advance!
    Hi there

You should not have flashed the Russian Android 11 firmware with not your Multi-CSC.

Russia has Multi-CSC OXM, while the your device had Multi-CSC OJM (where MID is part of).

As XSG (United Arab Emirates) is also part of Multi-CSC OJM, and when you flashed that firmware while your SIM-card was in your device, your device should have gone back to MID.
    Nut I see nothing has changed and is still XSG. I'm afraid, your device will stay at XSG and can't go back to MID anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by henklbr View Post
    Hi there

You should not have flashed the Russian Android 11 firmware with not your Multi-CSC.

Russia has Multi-CSC OXM, while the your device had Multi-CSC OJM (where MID is part of).

As XSG (United Arab Emirates) is also part of Multi-CSC OJM, and when you flashed that firmware while your SIM-card was in your device, your device should have gone back to MID.
    Nut I see nothing has changed and is still XSG. I'm afraid, your device will stay at XSG and can't go back to MID anymore.
    Thanks a lot for the reply!
    I forgot to mention that my sim card was not in the device when I flashed back to the XSG. I have inserted it and it did change back to MID, Here is a picture:

Name:	Screenshot_20210219-201239_Settings.jpg 
Views:	6 
Size:	115.8 KB 
ID:	16897

If possible, could you please explain what does XSG/XSG,MID/MID actually mean?
    As far as I know, the last MID stands for the original CSC of my device, but I don't know what the other codes mean.

Thanks a lot!

Premium Member
    Thanks a lot for the reply!
    I forgot to mention that my sim card was not in the device when I flashed back to the XSG. I have inserted it and it did change back to MID, Here is a picture:

Name:	Screenshot_20210219-201239_Settings.jpg 
Views:	6 
Size:	115.8 KB 
ID:	16897

If possible, could you please explain what does XSG/XSG,MID/MID actually mean?
    As far as I know, the last MID stands for the original CSC of my device, but I don't know what the other codes mean.

Thanks a lot!
    Have you put it in SIM-2? You've to put it in SIM-1 (but your device will RESET when you do it)

XSG = Active CSC (United Arab Emirates)
    XSG = SIM-1 CSC (United Arab Emirates
    MID = SIM-2 CSC Iraq
    MID = Product-code Iraq

Have you put it in SIM-2? You've to put it in SIM-1 (but your device will RESET when you do it)

XSG = Active CSC (United Arab Emirates)
    XSG = SIM-1 CSC (United Arab Emirates
    MID = SIM-2 CSC Iraq
    MID = Product-code Iraq
    Yep, I put it in SIM-2. After changing it to SIM-1, I got the following:

Name:	Screenshot_20210219-215809_Settings.jpg 
Size:	61.3 KB 
ID:	16898

So, the Active CSC is related to the firmware itself right? that is, it will only change if I flash a different CSC?
    And I assume the product code is original CSC the came with the device?

Also, does it really make a difference whether I flash with the SIM card inserted or not?

Thanks a ton!

Premium Member
    Yep, I put it in SIM-2. After changing it to SIM-1, I got the following:

Name:	Screenshot_20210219-215809_Settings.jpg 
Size:	61.3 KB 
ID:	16898

So, the Active CSC is related to the firmware itself right? that is, it will only change if I flash a different CSC?
    And I assume the product code is original CSC the came with the device?

Also, does it really make a difference whether I flash with the SIM card inserted or not?

Thanks a ton!
    The first CSC will only change when you flash a different MULTI-CSC (NOT CSC from a different country).

i.e. XSG & MID are both part in Multi-CSC OJM.

The product-code is indeed the original CSC of your device.

I don't know; IMHO the first 2 CSC's should be the same for receiving OTA
    Interesting
    I will wait and see if I receive an update.

Thanks a lot for the help.