Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Change firmware and CSC to an available country

Sorry to bother you again sir, I just want to know, is there any way to get OTA updates like normally?

Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by TH3 S7R4NG3R View Post
    Sorry to bother you again sir, I just want to know, is there any way to get OTA updates like normally?
    There is no firmware available yet for Sri Lanka (SLK) so: no, at this moment you won't receive OTA-updates unfortunately

Quote Originally Posted by henklbr View Post
    There is no firmware available yet for Sri Lanka (SLK) so: no, at this moment you won't receive OTA-updates unfortunately
    And I think, I won't get any updates for this model ever in Sri Lanka. So is there any way to get any BTU or XSA like I'm using there? because It's difficult to update the firmware manually every time.
    Thanks

Premium Member
    And I think, I won't get any updates for this model ever in Sri Lanka. So is there any way to get any BTU or XSA like I'm using there? because It's difficult to update the firmware manually every time.
    Thanks
    Nope: that's not possible

Mm okay. Thanks for the help. Much appreciated. I'll let you know if I ever found a way.

Hello sir,
    I'm replying because I've got the recent firmware update for BTU. I don't know what caused that, but I did the following things,

- Changed the CSC to BTU by according to this article (https://www.droidviews.com/how-to-ch...galaxy-phones/)
    - Flash the BTU stock firmware with CSC (Not Home CSC)
    - Waited to get an update (visited Sammobile to check whether there's an update),
    - Removed the SIM card, then I used a VPN to connect to the UK and checked settings for an update.
    And it worked. That's all

Thank you

(Note: I didn't try checking updates without a VPN, next month I'm gonna try that)

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot_20210225-225507_Software update.png 
Views:	6 
Size:	301.5 KB 
ID:	16919

Premium Member
    Hello sir,
    I'm replying because I've got the recent firmware update for BTU. I don't know what caused that, but I did the following things,

- Changed the CSC to BTU by according to this article (https://www.droidviews.com/how-to-ch...galaxy-phones/)
    - Flash the BTU stock firmware with CSC (Not Home CSC)
    - Waited to get an update (visited Sammobile to check whether there's an update),
    - Removed the SIM card, then I used a VPN to connect to the UK and checked settings for an update.
    And it worked. That's all

Thank you

(Note: I didn't try checking updates without a VPN, next month I'm gonna try that)

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot_20210225-225507_Software update.png 
Views:	6 
Size:	301.5 KB 
ID:	16919
    Thanks for the feedback

2nd Update: (2021-03-15)

I'm glad to tell that I got the March update even without using any VPN or removing the SIM card. So I think everything is perfect now. Thank you Henklbr for supporting me! And thank you Sammmobile.

Thank you

Premium Member
    2nd Update: (2021-03-15)

I'm glad to tell that I got the March update even without using any VPN or removing the SIM card. So I think everything is perfect now. Thank you Henklbr for supporting me! And thank you Sammmobile.

Thank you
    You're welcome