Thread: CSC for call recording S21

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

CSC for call recording S21

Hi,

I read that it is possible (non-root) to change the csc (basically the firmware right?) on the S20 phones to enable call recording. I have a SM-G991U1, baseband: UEU1ATLI, and there's an OTA update pending, but I wanted to get this sorted first, if I could enable stock call recording. I'm on VZW.

Thanks,
    Blue

Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bluetwist View Post
    Hi,

I read that it is possible (non-root) to change the csc (basically the firmware right?) on the S20 phones to enable call recording. I have a SM-G991U1, baseband: UEU1ATLI, and there's an OTA update pending, but I wanted to get this sorted first, if I could enable stock call recording. I'm on VZW.

Thanks,
    Blue
    Hi there

Only SM-G991U1 firmware is compatible for your device; you can't change your CSC

Quote Originally Posted by henklbr View Post
    Hi there

Only SM-G991U1 firmware is compatible for your device; you can't change your CSC
    Thank you for the information. I understand there's a service that could unlock my bootloader, would that allow me to use the correct csc (I was reading that a Thailand one would work?) (without breaking knox, I'd only be flashing stock firmwares). Or some people say that just factory reset of the phone with a thailand simcard installed will work but based on your prevous post I doubt that.

I preordered from samsung and got the unlocked version.
    Last edited by bluetwist; 05-02-2021 at 21:05.

Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bluetwist View Post
    Thank you for the information. I understand there's a service that could unlock my bootloader, would that allow me to use the correct csc (I was reading that a Thailand one would work?) (without breaking knox, I'd only be flashing stock firmwares). Or some people say that just factory reset of the phone with a thailand simcard installed will work but based on your prevous post I doubt that.

I preordered from samsung and got the unlocked version.
    You can't flash international firmware on a US-device. Reason: different processors...

Don't "play" with your expensive device.