Thread: Change to local firmware for s20

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Change to local firmware for s20

I just bought online my galaxy s20 with baseband from sprint telco USA...the issue was i am from abroad (malaysia) so i had a lot of issue on my device that cannot return to seller of my purchased device...the question is can i change my device to local firmware/baseband in order to make device works properly/accordingly...thanks in advance of your advice for my problem...tq

Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by syuk00 View Post
    I just bought online my galaxy s20 with baseband from sprint telco USA...the issue was i am from abroad (malaysia) so i had a lot of issue on my device that cannot return to seller of my purchased device...the question is can i change my device to local firmware/baseband in order to make device works properly/accordingly...thanks in advance of your advice for my problem...tq
    Hi there

No: you've a US-device and only that firmware is compatible for your device...

You should have bought a S20 in your own country...

AND, changing the firmware will do exactly nothing for you if you go to a Samsung Service Point, where they will politely look up and cross reference the IMEI, then inform you that you are out of luck.

Quote Originally Posted by dryfire View Post
    AND, changing the firmware will do exactly nothing for you if you go to a Samsung Service Point, where they will politely look up and cross reference the IMEI, then inform you that you are out of luck.
    So how i want to update software thru OTA?or any option that i can update the software version thru other methods....

Administrator
    So how i want to update software thru OTA?or any option that i can update the software version thru other methods....
    Could you go to Software Info on your device, screenshot it from top to bottom and post it here?

I was informed that unlock version cannot upgrade the software otherwise the device will stuck after rebooting once finish updated...i cant copy my screenshot here...will try later...anyhow my baseband version was G981USQS1TL1...if u can help here..tq

Administrator
    I was informed that unlock version cannot upgrade the software otherwise the device will stuck after rebooting once finish updated...i cant copy my screenshot here...will try later...anyhow my baseband version was G981USQS1TL1...if u can help here..tq
    In the answer box you see some icons; choose "Insert Image"...

You are, as they say in the USA, stuck. USA models usually use a Qualcomm SoC. All others usually use an Exynos SoC. The firmware is tied to the SoC and is NOT compatible across the two platforms. The BEST you can do is hunt for the individual apps you might want to add. Samsung is usually generous in making those apps available, but it is often the case that some features work in some markets and not in others. Lower level firmware parameters are NOT going be readily if at all changed. Welcome to Samsung. You need a separate phone for each market you go to.
    as the man said...
    "You should have bought a S20 in your own country... '
    Hopefully you are only out of pocket for a really good price in the US for that restricted version.