Thread: Is it worth it to swap to an AT&T image?

Is it worth it to swap to an AT&T image?

I have a Note 20 Ultra, USA unlocked variant.

I want to have the Voice-over-WIFI feature, which only works on the AT&T firmware.

So if I switch to that firmware using Odin, will I then need to use Odin everytime a new software update is released?

Or will OTA work on the AT&T firmware flashed on my device?

Will there be any other issues with using my device on AT&T to get all the features that only come on the AT&T variant?

Thanks all for the help! I did some searching on the forum and couldn't find the answer to these questions.

Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by dicynodont View Post
    I have a Note 20 Ultra, USA unlocked variant.

I want to have the Voice-over-WIFI feature, which only works on the AT&T firmware.

So if I switch to that firmware using Odin, will I then need to use Odin everytime a new software update is released?

Or will OTA work on the AT&T firmware flashed on my device?

Will there be any other issues with using my device on AT&T to get all the features that only come on the AT&T variant?

Thanks all for the help! I did some searching on the forum and couldn't find the answer to these questions.
    Hi there

Could you go to Software Info on your device, screenshot it from top to bottom and post it here?

NO !! AT&T images contain all of their God-awful bloat ware, so in addition to the Google versions, and the Samsung versions, you will have the AT&T versions, and unless you root the thing you will be stuck with ALL of them. There is a REASON the AT&T logo reminds folks of the Death Star from the Star Wars movies. BUT, its your device. Screw it up as you see fit.
    Last edited by dryfire; 22-01-2021 at 15:49.