Thread: Samsung Note 20 Ultra AT&T Update Failed and in a reboot loop Need Help !!! Please

Exclamation Samsung Note 20 Ultra AT&T Update Failed and in a reboot loop Need Help !!! Please

USA Samsung Note 20 Ultra AT&T Update Failed and in a reboot loop Need Help !!! Please

I have tried everything except re-flashing firmware, I can get to download mode and that's about it.
    It tried to do an update this morning at 3am and apparently failed in the process.
    Not sure what I am doing as it has been years sense Ive used Oden.

1st
    Will this fix this problem without causing any other issues ???

2nd
    I need to make sure I have the correct firmware, This is what I am downloading I think it is correct but not positive ,,
    " USA (AT&T) - 2021-01-17 - 11 - N986U1UEU1CTLB - N986U1OYM1CTLB "
    "N986U1UEU1CTLB_N986U1OYM1CTLB_ATT.zip"

3rd
    Should I remove the sim card before I flash?

Thanks in advanced for any and all help!

Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by BorrowerX View Post
    USA Samsung Note 20 Ultra AT&T Update Failed and in a reboot loop Need Help !!! Please

I have tried everything except re-flashing firmware, I can get to download mode and that's about it.
    It tried to do an update this morning at 3am and apparently failed in the process.
    Not sure what I am doing as it has been years sense Ive used Oden.

1st
    Will this fix this problem without causing any other issues ???

2nd
    I need to make sure I have the correct firmware, This is what I am downloading I think it is correct but not positive ,,
    " USA (AT&T) - 2021-01-17 - 11 - N986U1UEU1CTLB - N986U1OYM1CTLB "
    "N986U1UEU1CTLB_N986U1OYM1CTLB_ATT.zip"

3rd
    Should I remove the sim card before I flash?

Thanks in advanced for any and all help!
    Hi there

What model is your device: SM-N986U or SM-N986U1 ?

How did you receive the update?

Sorry for the late reply

SM-N986U

I had sent it to Scamsung to be re-flashed by them, Now I am, running Android 11 and it is Not good !
    They screwed something with this downgrade. and there are many many complaints from others about so many things not working anymore.
    My mother has the same phone and has had android 11 for a few weeks and has been complaining about it swiping when she was trying to simply open an app. I just thought she was just being a typical elderly person
    But she was correct I have to fight to get an app to open without it swiping some way or another. Simple widgets don't even work any more. What are they doing to android ?

I sent you a text. As I am now wishing to downgrade back to 10. At least that version worked !

Any chance I can get help doing this ??

Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by BorrowerX View Post
    Sorry for the late reply

SM-N986U

I had sent it to Scamsung to be re-flashed by them, Now I am, running Android 11 and it is Not good !
    They screwed something with this downgrade. and there are many many complaints from others about so many things not working anymore.
    My mother has the same phone and has had android 11 for a few weeks and has been complaining about it swiping when she was trying to simply open an app. I just thought she was just being a typical elderly person
    But she was correct I have to fight to get an app to open without it swiping some way or another. Simple widgets don't even work any more. What are they doing to android ?

I sent you a text. As I am now wishing to downgrade back to 10. At least that version worked !

Any chance I can get help doing this ??
    Please stay at one point posting this problem; I answered you also by PM

Here you can post your picture by choosing "Insert Image"...

i became a member and i didnot get the sm-n986u1 firmware on the pc? can anyone help me on how to get the firmware download?

preds78

Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by preds78 View Post
    i became a member and i didnot get the sm-n986u1 firmware on the pc? can anyone help me on how to get the firmware download?

preds78
    Hi there

Be sure to log-in with your USERNAME (not your email-address)
    Disable any AD-blocker

1. Go to the firmware you want to download:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Free1.png 
Views:	0 
Size:	314.4 KB 
ID:	16838

2. Choose "Wait & Download"

3. You'll get this pop-up AD (wait 30 seconds):

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Free2.png 
Views:	1