Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: S20 Unlocked AT&T unable to update OTA

S20 Unlocked AT&T unable to update OTA

Hello everyone,

I just received from the USA a S20 5G SM-G981U and I'm unable to update via OTA, I read on the forum that's normal because I'm abroad (Belgium) and I have to be connected on the network AT&T despite the fact that the phone as been paid fully and is UNLOCKED (I'm dreaming really ...)

The question is the following, I just discovered this forum today but I quite understood that there is no AT&T Rom here, I would like to know if I can take another Rom and flash my phone with even if it hasn't the same baseband ? I put my version in picture...

I'm so desperate I hope we could find a solution.

Thanks in advance for reading my post and taking time to reply.

BenJajaClick image for larger version. 

Name:	1.jpg 
Views:	22 
Size:	352.4 KB 
ID:	16552Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2.jpg 
Views:	21 
Size:	290.3 KB 
ID:	16553

Edit : When I say another baseband I mean the same SM-G981U but maybe with other letters finishing mine is G981USQS1ATG4 and I found here some G981USQ........ with other final 5 letters/numbers

Edit2: I read that we could change the CSC, is that a chance to make it work ?
    Last edited by BenJajaRaj; 05-11-2020 at 19:59.

Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BenJajaRaj View Post
    Hello everyone,

I just received from the USA a S20 5G SM-G981U and I'm unable to update via OTA, I read on the forum that's normal because I'm abroad (Belgium) and I have to be connected on the network AT&T despite the fact that the phone as been paid fully and is UNLOCKED (I'm dreaming really ...)

The question is the following, I just discovered this forum today but I quite understood that there is no AT&T Rom here, I would like to know if I can take another Rom and flash my phone with even if it hasn't the same baseband ? I put my version in picture...

I'm so desperate I hope we could find a solution.

Thanks in advance for reading my post and taking time to reply.

BenJajaClick image for larger version. 

Name:	1.jpg 
Views:	22 
Size:	352.4 KB 
ID:	16552Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2.jpg 
Views:	21 
Size:	290.3 KB 
ID:	16553

Edit : When I say another baseband I mean the same SM-G981U but maybe with other letters finishing mine is G981USQS1ATG4 and I found here some G981USQ........ with other final 5 letters/numbers

Edit2: I read that we could change the CSC, is that a chance to make it work ?
    Hi there,

1. Download SmartSwitch for PC (NOT to be used, just for the drivers): https://www.sammobile.com/samsung-smart-switch/
    2. Download Odin 3.14.x: https://dl2018.sammobile.com/Odin3-v3.14.4.zip
    3. Download latest firmware for Multi-CSC OYN: https://www.sammobile.com/samsung/ga...U1BTJ7/485459/

How to flash firmware to your phone:

1. Extract (un-rar) the firmware file (i.e. to folder c:\Odin) ***
    2. Download Odin v3.14.4
    3. Extract Odin ZIP file (i.e. to folder c:\Odin)
    4. Open Odin v3.14.4
    5. Power OFF your S20
    6. Reboot Phone in Download Mode: Connect USB-cable to your computer. Hold down "Volume up" and "Volume down" at same time. While holding down, connect the USB-cable to your phone.
    7. Wait until you get a blue sign in Odin
    8. Add the firmware files to their designated slots (AP in AP, BL in BL, CP in CP, HOME_CSC in CSC). USERDATA stays EMPTY!
    9. Make sure re-partition is NOT ticked
    10. Click the start button, sit back and wait few minutes

Use SamMobile only if you are 100% sure about the risks involved in flashing your device. SamMobile is not responsible for any damage caused by using the files on this website.

Thank you so much you for quick reply, I try that now ! Could you confirm me that the version are compatible and that I don't need an official AT&T sim for that ? Will I get OTA firmware afterwards or will I need to install them manually each time ?

I keep you in touch of the success of my procedure !

Premium Member
    Thank you so much you for quick reply, I try that now ! Could you confirm me that the version are compatible and that I don't need an official AT&T sim for that ? Will I get OTA firmware afterwards or will I need to install them manually each time ?

I keep you in touch of the success of my procedure !
    This is the correct firmware for your device...

You probably need to update the device yourself everytime: US and OTA-updates...

It worked like a charm ! Thank you so much .

It's okay at least if I can update it it's fine I didn't even loose my data it worked like a normal update

Premium Member
    It worked like a charm ! Thank you so much .

It's okay at least if I can update it it's fine I didn't even loose my data it worked like a normal update
    You're welcome; thank you for the feedback

Have a good weekend and enjoy your device

I have same issue with unlocked att S21
    Which firm warr should I download to have the updated one?

Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Delonne Hamm View Post
    I have same issue with unlocked att S21
    Which firm warr should I download to have the updated one?
    Hi there

Could you go to Software Info on your device, screenshot it from top to bottom and post it here?

Hi henklbr,

I am currently facing the same issue with an unlocked AT&T set that I recently bought with the following Software Info:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot_20210129-111929_Settings.jpg 
Views:	7 
Size:	393.9 KB 
ID:	16812 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot_20210129-111940_Settings.jpg 
Views:	5 
Size:	470.6 KB 
ID:	16813

May I now if it's possible to update it to the latest Android 11 firmware? Please guide me in the correct direction.

Thanks in advance.
    Last edited by ulric5; 29-01-2021 at 13:40.

Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ulric5 View Post
    Hi henklbr,

I am currently facing the same issue with an unlocked AT&T set that I recently bought with the following Software Info:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot_20210129-111929_Settings.jpg 
Views:	7 
Size:	393.9 KB 
ID:	16812 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot_20210129-111940_Settings.jpg 
Views:	5 
Size:	470.6 KB 
ID:	16813

May I now if it's possible to update it to the latest Android 11 firmware? Please guide me in the correct direction.

Thanks in advance.
    Hi there

This is the latest firmware for your device: https://www.sammobile.com/samsung/ga...1CTLB/1210673/

Flash AP BL CP & HOME_CSC_OYN (other files NOT to be used) with Odin 3.14.x. Your data will stay intact