Thread: S9+ Not Updating

Question S9+ Not Updating

Hello, my s9+ hasn't updated in a long time. It's one the 1.0 One UI, Android Version 9 and the baseband is G965USQS7CSK4 and the security patch dates December 1, 2019. I originally bought the phone from Sprint, I had it unlocked and tried a few MVNOs before settling with AT&T prepaid. Since I've unlocked it from Sprint, it hasn't updated and I haven't noticed until recently. I've tried to flash it with Odin and such but it did not work, it would detect the device at first but once I had the phone in download mode, it would not recognize it and I couldn't continue the download. I've tried other cables, and it still wouldn't recognize it.

I tried the method where you do not have to factory reset your phone, I'm a little wary of trying that since I hate doing it but I will if I HAVE to, but I'm wondering if there's anything else I could try before going that route. I've tried putting in a Verizon sim card to see if that could somehow force it, but still no luck. Now it just says "update was interrupted try again in 24 hours".
    I've also tried Smart Switch, it says my phone is up to date.. which of course it's not. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by spookzilla View Post
    Hello, my s9+ hasn't updated in a long time. It's one the 1.0 One UI, Android Version 9 and the baseband is G965USQS7CSK4 and the security patch dates December 1, 2019. I originally bought the phone from Sprint, I had it unlocked and tried a few MVNOs before settling with AT&T prepaid. Since I've unlocked it from Sprint, it hasn't updated and I haven't noticed until recently. I've tried to flash it with Odin and such but it did not work, it would detect the device at first but once I had the phone in download mode, it would not recognize it and I couldn't continue the download. I've tried other cables, and it still wouldn't recognize it.

I tried the method where you do not have to factory reset your phone, I'm a little wary of trying that since I hate doing it but I will if I HAVE to, but I'm wondering if there's anything else I could try before going that route. I've tried putting in a Verizon sim card to see if that could somehow force it, but still no luck. Now it just says "update was interrupted try again in 24 hours".
    I've also tried Smart Switch, it says my phone is up to date.. which of course it's not. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!
    Hi there

Could you go to Software Info on your device, screenshot it from top to bottom and post it here?

I fixed it by digging out an old laptop I had and used Odin on it instead, worked in 6 minutes. No clue why it wasn't recognizing my phone on my desktop. Wish I thought of that sooner.

Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by spookzilla View Post
    I fixed it by digging out an old laptop I had and used Odin on it instead, worked in 6 minutes. No clue why it wasn't recognizing my phone on my desktop. Wish I thought of that sooner.
    Ok, top: thanks for the feedback...

Enjoy your S9+