Thread: Samsung S8 - mismatch between device number and firmware version?

Question Samsung S8 - mismatch between device number and firmware version?

Greetings

My S8 has become bootlooped after an update... it restarts itself, goes to the Samsung Galaxy S8 logo screen, stays there for a couple of minutes, goes to the blue Android installing system screen for about 4 seconds... switches off and restarts.

I've tried everything I can find on the internet, but can't get into recovery mode, so the next option is to reflash, I think.

I'd appreciate some help understanding which file I am best to use, because there seems to be conflicting model advice.

On the back of the phone it says it is a SM-G950FD, however on the download mode screen it says it is SM-G950F.

I live in NZ which is where the SM-G950F seems to be sold as the model. But my mum brought this phone online and it was shipped from the UAE... and when I contacted Samsung, they said it was a UAE model.

In download mode, the first few lines read:

SM-G950F

Current Binary: Samsung Official

FRP Lock: On

OEM: Lock ON

Secure Download: Enabled

CCIC = S2MM005 hw: 6 boot: 7 main:43

Carrier_ID XSG

Warranty Void: 0 (0x0000)

RP B:10 K: 9 S:0

So, do I use the SM-G950FD UAE version, XSG version...

or

do I use the SM-G950F NZ version... and if so, how do I know whether I know the TNZ or the CSC version (I don't need the Vodafone edition).

Thanks for your help!

Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by nztyler View Post
    Greetings

My S8 has become bootlooped after an update... it restarts itself, goes to the Samsung Galaxy S8 logo screen, stays there for a couple of minutes, goes to the blue Android installing system screen for about 4 seconds... switches off and restarts.

I've tried everything I can find on the internet, but can't get into recovery mode, so the next option is to reflash, I think.

I'd appreciate some help understanding which file I am best to use, because there seems to be conflicting model advice.

On the back of the phone it says it is a SM-G950FD, however on the download mode screen it says it is SM-G950F.

I live in NZ which is where the SM-G950F seems to be sold as the model. But my mum brought this phone online and it was shipped from the UAE... and when I contacted Samsung, they said it was a UAE model.

In download mode, the first few lines read:

SM-G950F

Current Binary: Samsung Official

FRP Lock: On

OEM: Lock ON

Secure Download: Enabled

CCIC = S2MM005 hw: 6 boot: 7 main:43

Carrier_ID XSG

Warranty Void: 0 (0x0000)

RP B:10 K: 9 S:0

So, do I use the SM-G950FD UAE version, XSG version...

or

do I use the SM-G950F NZ version... and if so, how do I know whether I know the TNZ or the CSC version (I don't need the Vodafone edition).

Thanks for your help!
    Hi there

If it was sent from the UAE, this firmware is to be used: https://www.sammobile.com/samsung/ga...SBDTK1/655970/

Do you have experince with flashing firmware yourself?

I was going to follow the instructions on the firmware download page

If it is currently running SM-G950F (as per the download screen), will it change my ability to use it in New Zealand if I install the UAE version?
    Last edited by nztyler; 04-12-2020 at 08:56. Reason: added more info

Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by nztyler View Post
    I was going to follow the instructions on the firmware download page

If it is currently running SM-G950F (as per the download screen), will it change my ability to use it in New Zealand if I install the UAE version?
    -F- & -FD- firmware are the same