Thread: Unable to flash Galaxy Note 9 to android 8.1

Cannot open serial COM port when trying to flash Galaxy Note 9 to android 8.1

Hello,

Recently I have tried to flash my galaxy note9 to android 8.1 using Odin with no success. It is showing that it cannot open the serial com port. I have checked on this forum if anybody else was having a similar issue, I tried reinstalling my drivers and using the original USB cable, and even switching to a different computer. I am not sure on what to do now, any help will be appreciated.
    [ Login above or register to see download links. ]
    Last edited by appesh1; 30-11-2020 at 13:46.

Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by appesh1 [ Login above or register to see download links. ]
    Hello,

Recently I have tried to flash my galaxy note9 to android 8.1 using Odin with no success. It is showing that it cannot open the serial com port. I have checked on this forum if anybody else was having a similar issue, I tried reinstalling my drivers and using the original USB cable, and even switching to a different computer. I am not sure on what to do now, any help will be appreciated.
    [ Login above or register to see download links. ]
    Hi there

Have you installed the correct drivers?

Are you trying to DOWNgrade?

Hello,

I believe I have installed the correct drivers from [ Login above or register to see download links. ]. Should I download from a different place? ALso, yes I am trying to downgrade. My phone model is an unlocked SM-N960U

Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by appesh1 [ Login above or register to see download links. ]
    Hello,

I believe I have installed the correct drivers from [ Login above or register to see download links. ]. Should I download from a different place? ALso, yes I am trying to downgrade. My phone model is an unlocked SM-N960U
    Could you go to Software Info on your device, screenshot it from top to bottom and post it here?

If your current Android version is 9 or 10, you can't downgrade to 8.1

Quote Originally Posted by henklbr [ Login above or register to see download links. ]
    Could you go to Software Info on your device, screenshot it from top to bottom and post it here?

If your current Android version is 9 or 10, you can't downgrade to 8.1
    Oh.

My android version is Android 10, thank you very much for the information