Thread: Samsung Android J5 - SM-J510F - Failed to open/dev/block/bootdevice/by-name/misc

Samsung Android J5 - SM-J510F - Failed to open/dev/block/bootdevice/by-name/misc

Dear All,

I would like to seek an assistance regarding on my phone "Samsung Android J5. The device stock on black screen with Samsung logo and stuck on Boot start screen.

I tried to reset several times and still not working. I found that every time I tried to do factory reset the message is like this: "E: Failed to open / dev/block/bootdevice/by-name/misc: No such file or directory.

I also tried to download the updated firmware and installed using Odin3 v3.14 application but when the installation went finished then the program is erasing it.

I dont know what to do now. . I need my phone back.

Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by kevhaze28 View Post
    Dear All,

I would like to seek an assistance regarding on my phone "Samsung Android J5. The device stock on black screen with Samsung logo and stuck on Boot start screen.

I tried to reset several times and still not working. I found that every time I tried to do factory reset the message is like this: "E: Failed to open / dev/block/bootdevice/by-name/misc: No such file or directory.

I also tried to download the updated firmware and installed using Odin3 v3.14 application but when the installation went finished then the program is erasing it.

I dont know what to do now. . I need my phone back.
    Hi there

Since when did this happen? What have you done with your phone before this was happening?

app corrupted