Thread: S9 still XEU after flash with BTU CSC

S9 still XEU after flash with BTU CSC

Hello All, This is my first post to please excuse if this has already been listed and resolved, I did try and search but could not see anything related to this.

I have successfully flashed my S9 with the below firmware however when checking the software info it still says XEU and not BTU is there anything that I can do to have BTU

[ Login above or register to see download links. ]

Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by mikemcken [ Login above or register to see download links. ]
    Hello All, This is my first post to please excuse if this has already been listed and resolved, I did try and search but could not see anything related to this.

I have successfully flashed my S9 with the below firmware however when checking the software info it still says XEU and not BTU is there anything that I can do to have BTU

[ Login above or register to see download links. ]
    Hi there

Why do you want to get your CSC to BTU?

BTU & XEU are both used in the UK. If your device is now XEU, you can't change it to BTU. BTU & XEU are both part of Multi-CSC OXM.

Quote Originally Posted by henklbr [ Login above or register to see download links. ]
    Hi there

Why do you want to get your CSC to BTU?

BTU & XEU are both used in the UK. If your device is now XEU, you can't change it to BTU. BTU & XEU are both part of Multi-CSC OXM.

Hi Thanks for the reply, I was hoping that with the BTU CSC that I might be able to get native call recording seeing as Samsung have said it should be available for users in the UK but is still not in the latest release, the only reason I could think was that the carrier was blocking this and I believe that the XEU CSC is mainly used for UK and Ireland and maybe native call recording was being blocked because of some EU regulation on the firmware????

I believed BTU was only used for UK and not linked to any carrier and so I was testing to see if this it would give me native call recording
    Last edited by mikemcken; 30-11-2020 at 20:57.

Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by mikemcken [ Login above or register to see download links. ]
    Hi Thanks for the reply, I was hoping that with the BTU CSC that I might be able to get native call recording seeing as Samsung have said it should be available for users in the UK but is still not in the latest release, the only reason I could think was that the carrier was blocking this and I believe that the XEU CSC is mainly used for UK and Ireland and maybe native call recording was being blocked because of some EU regulation on the firmware????

I believed BTU was only used for UK and not linked to any carrier and so I was testing to see if this it would give me native call recording
    No: BTU has no call recording and BTU / XEU are the same.