Thread: Firmware for an old phone not available anymore

Firmware for an old phone not available anymore

Hi everyone, i'm new and i'm trying to give new life to my samsung GT-S8500 with a corrupted firmware due to a bug occured years ago. I was trying to download the italian wind bada 2.0 firmware but the page says that I have to contact the site to request it due to few downloads. Is there any way i can have it?
    Thank you so much!
    Last edited by ale3496; 28-11-2020 at 10:24.

Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by ale3496 [ Login above or register to see download links. ]
    Hi everyone, i'm new and i'm trying to give new life to my samsung GT-S8500 with a corrupted firmware due to a bug occured years ago. I was trying to download the italian wind bada 2.0 firmware but the page says that I have to contact the site to request it due to few downloads. Is there any way i can have it?
    Thank you so much!
    Hi there

Back-upped firmwares are for Premium Users only...

Ok, understood. Just to know before doing it: the phone is stuck in bootloop from almost 5 years, I don't have any way to know if it's wind, tre or not branded. If i install for example a wind firmware on a non branded phone there will be a problem? I also noticed that the italian non branded firmware isn't available on the site. Thanks in advance.

Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by ale3496 [ Login above or register to see download links. ]
    Ok, understood. Just to know before doing it: the phone is stuck in bootloop from almost 5 years, I don't have any way to know if it's wind, tre or not branded. If i install for example a wind firmware on a non branded phone there will be a problem? I also noticed that the italian non branded firmware isn't available on the site. Thanks in advance.
    If it was in bootloop for almost 5 years, why didn't you go to a Samsung Service Point to let your device checked?

Because it was already an old phone out of warranty and where i live the nearest samsung service is at 2 hours of driving away. For the cost of the 1 month premium it could worth it to try and make it live again, but only for fun and just to be able to say "oh look my old phone works".
    Edit: i just checked IMEI and it is definitely an ITV no brand.

Administrator
    Because it was already an old phone out of warranty and where i live the nearest samsung service is at 2 hours of driving away. For the cost of the 1 month premium it could worth it to try and make it live again, but only for fun and just to be able to say "oh look my old phone works".
    Edit: i just checked IMEI and it is definitely an ITV no brand.
    Unfortunately, that firmware is not available anymore...

If i install the wind one for example will it work or definitely not?

Administrator
    If i install the wind one for example will it work or definitely not?
    I can't advise you on that...

Ok thanks for your time anyway