Results 1 to 7 of 7

Thread: Can't find CSC code for my phone

  1. #1
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2020
    Posts
    3

    Can't find CSC code for my phone

    I have this older phone Galaxy Core SM-G360F. I put a password on it several years ago and now I can't remember it anymore. Obviously, I am unable to use the phone, and can't get past the "enter the password" screen, although the phone seems to be working normally. I tried to do the factory reset by first switching the phone off, then pressing these keys at the same time: Home + Power On + Volume Up, but I get some screen that doesn't contain the option to do a factory reset. This is the screen I get in that case:

    [ Login above or register to see download links. ]

    If I press Home + Power On + Volume Down I will get this screen, which is I presume the correct screen for flashing the firmware:

    [ Login above or register to see download links. ]

    On another forum I was advised to flash this phone with the appropriate firmware so as to bypass the password protection. I was advised to use a tool such as Samfirm or Frija to determine the correct firmware. But the problem with these tools is that they require the CSC code which one can obtain by dialing *#1234#. or by going to Settings -> About phone -> Software information. Unfortunately, I can't do any of these things because the phone won't let me either dial any number or go to the Settings because it's password protected.

    The only information I know about the phone is what I can read on the sticker below the battery. This is what I can see there:

    [ Login above or register to see download links. ]


    So, could you please help me with finding out the CSC code and the correct firmware so I can finally flash this phone and get rid of the password protection?
    I've already downloaded one firmware from this site: [ Login above or register to see download links. ], and the name of the file is: G360FXXS1BQA5_G360FAUT1BOI1_G360FXXS1BQA2_HOME.tar .md5
    but I am not sure if I can use that to flash this phone. It appears to be some kind of "generic" firmware, but of course I don't know if it will be safe for this phone.

  2. #2
    Administrator
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    9,159
    Quote Originally Posted by Antarmanu71 [ Login above or register to see download links. ]
    I have this older phone Galaxy Core SM-G360F. I put a password on it several years ago and now I can't remember it anymore. Obviously, I am unable to use the phone, and can't get past the "enter the password" screen, although the phone seems to be working normally. I tried to do the factory reset by first switching the phone off, then pressing these keys at the same time: Home + Power On + Volume Up, but I get some screen that doesn't contain the option to do a factory reset. This is the screen I get in that case:

    [ Login above or register to see download links. ]

    If I press Home + Power On + Volume Down I will get this screen, which is I presume the correct screen for flashing the firmware:

    [ Login above or register to see download links. ]

    On another forum I was advised to flash this phone with the appropriate firmware so as to bypass the password protection. I was advised to use a tool such as Samfirm or Frija to determine the correct firmware. But the problem with these tools is that they require the CSC code which one can obtain by dialing *#1234#. or by going to Settings -> About phone -> Software information. Unfortunately, I can't do any of these things because the phone won't let me either dial any number or go to the Settings because it's password protected.

    The only information I know about the phone is what I can read on the sticker below the battery. This is what I can see there:

    [ Login above or register to see download links. ]


    So, could you please help me with finding out the CSC code and the correct firmware so I can finally flash this phone and get rid of the password protection?
    I've already downloaded one firmware from this site: [ Login above or register to see download links. ], and the name of the file is: G360FXXS1BQA5_G360FAUT1BOI1_G360FXXS1BQA2_HOME.tar .md5
    but I am not sure if I can use that to flash this phone. It appears to be some kind of "generic" firmware, but of course I don't know if it will be safe for this phone.
    Hi there

    We can't tell you either which CSC your device is.

    In which country are you or where did you buy your device?

  3. #3
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2020
    Posts
    5
    In the Phone Dial try the *#1234# code, you'll see some specifications such AP, CP, CSC and Model.




    ps: [ Login above or register to see download links. ]
    Last edited by smarq; 26-11-2020 at 17:12.

  4. #4
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2020
    Posts
    3
    Quote Originally Posted by henklbr [ Login above or register to see download links. ]
    Hi there

    We can't tell you either which CSC your device is.

    In which country are you or where did you buy your device?
    I live in Serbia, which is where I bought the phone (in a store). It was not connected to any particular mobile service when I bought it.

  5. #5
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2020
    Posts
    3
    Quote Originally Posted by smarq [ Login above or register to see download links. ]
    In the Phone Dial try the *#1234# code, you'll see some specifications such AP, CP, CSC and Model.




    ps: [ Login above or register to see download links. ]
    Unfortunately, I am unable to dial any number because the phone is protected by a password. I can't get past the "enter the password" screen. I tried on the dial pad that you get when you want to call "an emergency number", but it didn't work. :/

  6. #6
    Administrator
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    9,159
    Quote Originally Posted by Antarmanu71 [ Login above or register to see download links. ]
    I live in Serbia, which is where I bought the phone (in a store). It was not connected to any particular mobile service when I bought it.
    Thanks

    That should be this firmware: [ Login above or register to see download links. ]

    But: Probably your device has Factory Reset Protection enabled (FRP); If so: flashing new firmware won't erase the password...

  7. #7
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2020
    Posts
    1
    same issue here.
    [ Login above or register to see download links. ]

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •