Thread: SM-T365Y Tablet stuck on boot screen. Unable to factory reset

SM-T365Y Tablet stuck on boot screen. Unable to factory reset

Hi All,
    Wondering if it is possible to fix these devices. My employer has over 100 Samsung Tab Actives (SM-T365Y).
    Most are supposed to be registered with mobi Control.
    However, we have about 6 at the moment that when turning them on, are stuck on the Samsung Logo and will not start.
    I have tried factory reset, but get the message they are MDM locked.

I have downloaded the correct firmware based on what one of the working tablets has.
    The download is a single md5 file which i believe I am supposed to load against the "AP" section in Odin
    I have used Odin to flash the tablet using NAND Erase All.

However, after doing all this, the tablet is still hanging and the MDM lock is still in place.

I experimented with one, trying to re-partition and it immediately comes up with a fail

Is there anyway to get these tablets working? or do we just dispose and replace them (they aren't worth sending to get fixed as they are so old)

thanks

Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by wpeers [ Login above or register to see download links. ]
    Hi All,
    Wondering if it is possible to fix these devices. My employer has over 100 Samsung Tab Actives (SM-T365Y).
    Most are supposed to be registered with mobi Control.
    However, we have about 6 at the moment that when turning them on, are stuck on the Samsung Logo and will not start.
    I have tried factory reset, but get the message they are MDM locked.

I have downloaded the correct firmware based on what one of the working tablets has.
    The download is a single md5 file which i believe I am supposed to load against the "AP" section in Odin
    I have used Odin to flash the tablet using NAND Erase All.

However, after doing all this, the tablet is still hanging and the MDM lock is still in place.

I experimented with one, trying to re-partition and it immediately comes up with a fail

Is there anyway to get these tablets working? or do we just dispose and replace them (they aren't worth sending to get fixed as they are so old)

thanks
    Hi there

It's Mobile Device Management: you can't remove this (only the company where the tablet was used can)

what do you mean "only the company where the tablet was used can"?
    The company that uses them is the company I work for and its my job to try to get them working.
    and I cant remove the lock because the tablet wont even finish booting up, so Mobi Control cant see them, so I cant remove the locks.
    So how can anybody possibly remove the MDM lock if the device wont even start up properly??

Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by wpeers [ Login above or register to see download links. ]
    what do you mean "only the company where the tablet was used can"?
    The company that uses them is the company I work for and its my job to try to get them working.
    and I cant remove the lock because the tablet wont even finish booting up, so Mobi Control cant see them, so I cant remove the locks.
    So how can anybody possibly remove the MDM lock if the device wont even start up properly??
    That I don't know, sorry...