Thread: Carrier unlock Note 5

Carrier unlock Note 5

I have an old SM-N920T (Note 5) from tmobile. I've owned if for a couple years and got it off ebay. I tried to carrier unlock it finally and found it's onboard app didn't work. Tmobile was little help but what I gathered is this is blacklisted or something, like the prior owner still owes a bill. I am just guessing that as T-mobile just wanted me to contact the original owner, to contact them. That was out of the question. The seller I got it from sold lots of phones so they likely would have no idea.

Anyway, is there a way to unlock it without the carrier? I found some conflicting information about flashing the modem. my baseband version is N920TUVS6ERH1. That sounds way too simple to be the solution but I will do it if that is what needs to be done. I have always used t-mobile mvnos so I didn't realize it was locked until recently.

Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by guy30000 [ Login above or register to see download links. ]
    I have an old SM-N920T (Note 5) from tmobile. I've owned if for a couple years and got it off ebay. I tried to carrier unlock it finally and found it's onboard app didn't work. Tmobile was little help but what I gathered is this is blacklisted or something, like the prior owner still owes a bill. I am just guessing that as T-mobile just wanted me to contact the original owner, to contact them. That was out of the question. The seller I got it from sold lots of phones so they likely would have no idea.

Anyway, is there a way to unlock it without the carrier? I found some conflicting information about flashing the modem. my baseband version is N920TUVS6ERH1. That sounds way too simple to be the solution but I will do it if that is what needs to be done. I have always used t-mobile mvnos so I didn't realize it was locked until recently.
    Hi there

We don't support "blacklisted" phones: it's probably stolen...

There is no indication it's blacklisted. T-mobile just has a weird policy that you have to be the account holder to get it unlocked. I recently tried to unlock an older phone that belonged to my father. They would not give me the code and my dad's account is in perfect standing. I had to get him to call in for me.

Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by guy30000 [ Login above or register to see download links. ]
    There is no indication it's blacklisted. T-mobile just has a weird policy that you have to be the account holder to get it unlocked. I recently tried to unlock an older phone that belonged to my father. They would not give me the code and my dad's account is in perfect standing. I had to get him to call in for me.
    You must get an unlock-code from the carrier; there's no other way...